Nutella

Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
just bought and tasted Nutella for the first time... why didn't anyone warn me the stuff was like eating chocolate icing?!?! How the heck am I supposed to leave it alone? :noway:

Replies

• potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    For a while after I discovered Nutella I was eating it straight out of the jar. Did you ever have a candy called Ice Cubes? It is like eating molten Ice Cubes.

Since I started dieting this summer, the Nutella sits like an evil beacon on the shelf, watching, waiting, laughing an evil laugh!:wink:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    love it also
  • Nutella is great, but it's super high in calories and sugar. :/
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    I bought some for my kid, but threw it out when I realized I ate 2/3 of the jar!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Total trigger food for me...and very low in nutrition/high in sugar, even though it's marketed as "healthy"

It's essentially a candy bar in paste form. Or the devil in paste form. You decide.:wink:
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    It is so good. I actually just use it to dip fruit in, 1 Tbsp melted goes a long way with strawberries.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Nutella is AHHH-MAZING. I have been meaning to buy more.
  • Can't bring it in my house lol.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    Nutella = crack.

I bought a small jar to taste since everyone was raving about it. I don't think I logged one calorie of the whole jar. I just dipped a spoon in here...dipped it in there...made indecent yummy sounds.... :smile:
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Can't have in the house. Chocolate sugary badness.... mmmm nutella
  • bethly
    bethly Posts: 15 Member
    I <333 Nutella! I didn't know of it's glorious existence until just last year! Nutella and Peanut Butter sandwiches... Heavenly!
  • taz12
    taz12 Posts: 32
    OMG. Can't believe you have only just discovered it. Its addictive. Throw it out! Once you open those jars they disappear.... along with your waist! I love the stuff but have banned it from my shelf. A girl can always dream.....:love:
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Nutella = crack.
    :laugh: My thoughts exactly. It's sooo good...yet so bad. I say Bell Plantation should make Nutella2 so we could eat it guiltlessly!
  • MizBee
    MizBee Posts: 37
    I also just discovered Nutella a few weeks ago... I have been using it as a sub for peanut butter b/c it has less calories. Im not an addict of the stuff but it def tastes like a sinful delight. :)
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    I love Nutella and bananas on toasted french bread slices.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    :laugh: My thoughts exactly. It's sooo good...yet so bad. I say Bell Plantation should make Nutella2 so we could eat it guiltlessly!

I actually think the chocolate PB2 is better than this Nutella.... after I posted this yesterday and went back for more, I decided that as delicious as it was the first 3 bites, it got TOO SWEET (never thought I'd say/write those words :laugh: )

For me, I'll have to eat it in small doses! :smile:
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    I love it too, especially on oranges, but you are right about the sweetness. That is why a serving is usually just fine for me. However, as far as the "health" aspects go, it is very similar (almost exactly) to peanut butter. It is afterall, a nut butter with coco and milk added. Certainly not the worst food to consume!

By the way Wolfena, I love your ticker quote. Sums up my feeling exactly!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Harrison and Mason LOVE it. They eat it on their sandwiches and on crepes. That stuff is so good but I mostly leave it alone. :smokin:
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    IMMEDIATELY LOCATE CHOCOLATE PB2

it is a powdered peanut product with all the fat removed, or most of it, you can add a bit of water and it becomes like peanut butter or use it many other ways, add to smoothies,

I like to dip celery sticks into it, yum,

it comes in chocolate peanut flavor too, it is miraculous, looow in calories,

just do a search here for PB2 and others will have mentioned it,

good luck
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I love it too, especially on oranges, but you are right about the sweetness. That is why a serving is usually just fine for me. However, as far as the "health" aspects go, it is very similar (almost exactly) to peanut butter. It is afterall, a nut butter with coco and milk added. Certainly not the worst food to consume!

By the way Wolfena, I love your ticker quote. Sums up my feeling exactly!

The first ingredient in this stuff is sugar! So, it's not just a nut butter with cocoa and milk added. I think it's totally delicious, but the reason that it's delicious is because of the sugar. It's only marketed as a healthy food.

Peanut butter (especially all natural made with just peanuts) is a much better nutritional bang for your buck.

Just sayin.
This discussion has been closed.