hmmm, not a good weight loss this week?

Options
Hi
This is week 3 for me, weighing every monday. Week 1 i lost 4lbs, week 2 i lost a lb and now, week 3 is showing only a pound too!!. Not as much as i wanted it to be :( However, I do realise that the last week I have been very poorly and have not done alot but curl on the sofa. I only managed the gym once and that was struggle! But , I have lost a cm off my waist and hips. (all the coughing has trimmed me down lol) Just need a few words of encouragement please...................................................x

Replies

• pushkin48
    Options
    I think considering you have been ill and you aren't that heavy you are doing brilliantly. I have been doing this for over a month, weigh about 40lbs more than you and have only lost 9lbs, keep having glitches where I lose the plot for a couple of days then find it hard to get back on track. The gym is my saviour and I feel better when I go. Being ill makes that so hard so don't feel bad just think wow I haven't been an have still lost weight!
  • FairyGodMother
    FairyGodMother Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try to be patient with yourself Sue. I think the first week can be shock weight because your system didn't know what was coming. It catches on to what you're doing and tries to hold back the weight loss. You're cruising along just fine. I have been the same. Only small little ounces come off here or there after a few false starts. I lost a nice number, gained it back - repeated this about 3 times. I stopped putting in my weight because it was making me angry.

Hang in there. Losing the cm is a good sign. My scale didn't move for weeks but I had lost a 1/2 inch off my weight. We have to challenge our metabolisms to shock it into burning off fat. So remember that muscle weighs more than fat. Just keep trying to do the best you can.
  • suemorgan
    Options
    awww thanks both of you. This site is so great for support.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hey,

All I can see is:
    - 3 weeks
    - 6 lbs lost
    - 1cm off your waist and hips

That's progress!!! You should be proud and happy about this!!! :flowerforyou:
    Don't complain about not losing fast enough, be happy about what you've done so far!

And once you're up and not sick anymore, you'll get back onto the exercise track.
  • suemorgan
    Options
    hey thankyou, yes you are right...i am now off to the gym lol