Does the 30 Day Shred work??

Options
2»

Replies

• RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I hated it. To me it gets monotonous. And JM makes me want to punch babies in the face.
  • ILoveFroggies
    ILoveFroggies Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred on September 7...I am on level 2 now so I did phase 1 for a while. However during that time I have lost 15 pounds and 18.75 inches. I feel stronger and have come farther than I thought possible with it.

That's sooooo amazing!!!!! How many days of phase 1 do you estimate you would have done? And how many days of level 2? Congratulations on the weight and inches losses, that's prettttttttty incredible!! :D Yay!
  • ILoveFroggies
    Options
    Do you think if I try to stick to 1800 cal/day, cut down on unhealthy food (e.g. chocolate, lollies, gelati, icecream, cakes, cookies, chips, etc) to 1 serve/day, cut down on (but don't cut out completely) white refined carbs and increase fruit/veg/protein, that will work?? :D
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred on September 7...I am on level 2 now so I did phase 1 for a while. However during that time I have lost 15 pounds and 18.75 inches. I feel stronger and have come farther than I thought possible with it.

That's sooooo amazing!!!!! How many days of phase 1 do you estimate you would have done? And how many days of level 2? Congratulations on the weight and inches losses, that's prettttttttty incredible!! :D Yay!

I wouldn't get too excited, she probably has a lot to lose in order to drop so fast. You're supposed to do each level for 10 days. I ended up doing more cardio after the 30DS because I only burned 250 cals during the workout (and I weigh 255).
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options

I wouldn't get too excited, she probably has a lot to lose in order to drop so fast. You're supposed to do each level for 10 days. I ended up doing more cardio after the 30DS because I only burned 250 cals during the workout (and I weigh 255).

ditto ^^ At 250lbs I was still only losing 1-2lbs a week with 30DS. That bumped up when I combined it with C25K, but I wasn't able to maintain both workouts at the same time and burnt out :(
  • ILoveFroggies
    Options

ditto ^^ At 250lbs I was still only losing 1-2lbs a week with 30DS. That bumped up when I combined it with C25K, but I wasn't able to maintain both workouts at the same time and burnt out :(

Oh, may I ask what your eating was like when you were doing the 30DS and losing that amount of weight? Also, maybe you were gaining muscle, therefore your weight wasn't going down much but you were losing inches?
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    it depends on your definition of "work".

i haven't lost any weight since i started 30DS. i'm on my 19th day...so i'm on day 9 of level 2. however, i have gained a significant amount of strength. i started not being able to do one single push-up. now i can do 10-15 regular push-ups. not the kind on your knees but the normal manly-man kind of push-ups.

i have also gained strength in my legs. i also do high intensity interval training on my treadmill. i run a full sprint with my treadmill at the highest incline for 60 seconds then i walk flat for 60 seconds. the sprint with the uphill was extremely difficult in the beginning. but now it is super easy. sometimes i run on a flat surface and feel like i'm floating.

with that said, i am fairly lean so it is hard for me to lose weight anyway. but it has helped me tremendously as far as my strength. hope that helps!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    30 DS for me, didn't cause me to lose a lot of LBS, but I look very much better. I lost TWO sizes doing it, I was super impressed.

I did it every day, as it's meant to be done :)

Good luck
  • ILoveFroggies
    Options
    Awww thanks so much for the responses, guys

I'm already fairly normal sized to slim, I just have a high fat % haha, so it's mainly fat I want to lose, I don't care so much about the lbs as long as I'm gaining muscle, dropping fat % and maybe drop a size haha
  • jendawg92
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    i Have just done the first day of the 30 day shred, level 1.
    It was over in no time, that i cant understand how it will make such a difference in such a short time?
    Im struggling to have faith that it will actually work??
  • toby2steps
    Options
    I've just finished day 4 of 30 DS and loving it. I feel I'm getting a bit stronger
    Especially in my legs. I'm guessing you can burn about 230 calories off doing this. I'm also doing the 5:2 diet which is going really well. I have lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks which I think is pretty good. I'm looking forward to the end results as I think if you stick to healthy eating and this the results should be good :-)
  • emmecook199
    Options
    I just did day 2 and it is already getting that little bit easier, its also giving me a lot more energy....it feels like your burning more than 175 calories but I really like it! :)
  • Sundancer128
    Options
    I get bored 5 days in :(
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I hated it... Why? First, it takes too long for the video to start. She blabs and blabs. I don't want to listen to that every single day... annoying! Second - I couldn't make it past level 1 because the exercises were so hard on my joints... mostly my spine, and I'm only 36 years old and have never had back problems until doing her video.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm at level two currently, but I haven't really done it every day. But I have certainly noticed a change in my body, & I really like it. So I'd say yeah, it works.