My hip is just weird

Options
I am at a loss on how to help my hip. I have been to the doctor, chiropractor and through physical therapy. I stretch, I have done all the strengthening exercises and my hip still gets aggravated when I do running or elliptical. What I noticed odd though is that when I'm doing my strength training and do squats with the bar, afterward, I feel no pain in my hip. Absolutely none! The next day, the pain will be back but for the rest of the evening after no pain. Any ideas on this odd phenomena?

Replies

• emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This might be a totally random reply but any chance you have endometriosis? I do and one thing I deal with a week or two a month is a really sore left hip.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Maybe something pinching or an impingement? I've had a lot of hip issues after a hard fall earlier this year and sometimes the pain comes and goes quickly. It will feel like something pinching in there and if I arch back I feel it "pop" and the pain is gone. What has helped me is seeing a doctor that does active release therapy. That helped release tight muscles that were pulling the hip, as well as identify weaknesses in other muscles that were contributing to the issue.