10 pounds in 10 weeks 10/25-12/31

Options
I finally hit the 10 pound mark. I'd really like to lose these last 10 pounds in 10 weeks. Anyone interested in starting a daily challenge with me to get there?

Today's challenge is: drink 9 glasses of water, 500 calories under daily calorie goal, and eat 2 servings of veggies.

The person with the most success at today's challenge can set the challenge for tomorrow... ;)

Replies

• DC_Veg
    DC_Veg Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm down, but request that you boost your veggie minimum!

"Most people should aim for at least nine servings (at least 4½ cups) of vegetables and fruits a day, and potatoes don't count." --http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/vegetables-and-fruits/index.html

Maybe get 2 servings of veggies per meal? :)
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Be careful about going under your daily calorie goal that much. It might mess up your metabolism according to my pilates instructor.
  • DC_Veg
    DC_Veg Posts: 12
    Options
    Be careful about going under your daily calorie goal that much. It might mess up your metabolism according to my pilates instructor.

I think she meant the 500 calorie deficit that MFP already has built in for you. For instance, if I need 2000 calories to maintain, I'd eat 1500 to lose or so. And if I burn 600 calories, that'd mean I'd need to eat 2600 to maintain, so I'd eat 2100 to lose 1-2 pounds a week. If sjoy wasn't referring to the 500 MFP deficit, I'm with ya! You have to feed your body so it can keep you going!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm in!

Not sure if I can stay 500 under though, as I'm pregnant I need a higher minimum. Just have to wait and see what kind of work I'm able to fit in during nap time. :)
  • sjoy711
    sjoy711 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes - I was totally talking about the calorie deficit. Should goal be more like: workout - burn 500 calories?

Sheesh - I feel like an idiot! I know not to eat less than my 1200 calories for the day, and I've started eating more "clean" foods - natural, non-processed. So I'm eating right. But I do have a hard time getting my veggies in, and I thought I'd start out small, but a challenge should be challenging, right? So - okay... 2 servings of veggies/meal...
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm in... On glass #6 now... :smile:
  • RedondoJen
    Options
    Count me in, too! 10 pounds in 10 weeks would be perfect!

The water is part is going to be a challenge because I don't drink nearly enough. I'm on it today for sure...thanks for the motivation.
  • RedondoJen
    Options
    Count me in, too! 10 pounds in 10 weeks would be perfect!

The water is part is going to be a challenge because I don't drink nearly enough. I'm on it today for sure...thanks for the motivation.
  • antonia98765
    antonia98765 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!

I put on 10 lbs during my finals, and then I gave up smoking. I've found it really hard to shift the weight (though haven't touched a cig! yay)!

But this morning I got on the scales and I had lost a pound - every pound counts!!

So I've now only got 9 pounds to shed by Christmas.

How are all of you doing?

Oh - and that water thing - I'm awful at drinking water - I literally only drink tea and diet coke all day. Not good - so I'll try and up my water intake too!

Antonia x