Did you start your Christmas shopping yet?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Ok, so who started and who waits until Christmas Eve? I'm actually kicking butt this year and am almost done. YAY! Now I just have to wrap it all. :grumble:

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think we're done. Fiance decided he wanted to put up the Christmas tree, so the tree is up already lol.
    ETA: I don't like to wrap, I just put things in bags or baskets, wrapping takes too long and makes me want to cry :P
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I have started, I am no where near done. I'd say 25% done.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Done. So is my wife. Her and my youngest went out shopping Saturday. Came back and wrapped 52 presents.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    We hit a $1 clearance sale at a local gift boutique. Found about 10 great gifts/fun books to give to friends and co-workers. I have my son's gifts on a target list that I just need to pay for and ship.

Fiance may be harder...
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I shopping is done on the day driving to my parents! which is xmas eve lol
  • speedgoose
    Options
    Only one more gift to go.

I am the master of gift giving. Seriously - creativity, quality, presentation and all for a good price. Some might call it a "gift"
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Done. So is my wife. Her and my youngest went out shopping Saturday. Came back and wrapped 52 presents.

You're my hero!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    So impressed with those who are done! Yet to start, although I have a list of ideas.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    My 7 year old just handed me her Christmas list this morning. She has 53 things on it all numbered! Ummmm...thanks I guess!
  • Yodifer
    Options
    I'm about 10% done, just getting started.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old just handed me her Christmas list this morning. She has 53 things on it all numbered! Ummmm...thanks I guess!

Lol!

I'm mostly done for my kids. My son gave me two things, one of them has awful review so I won't be getting, but I got the other. My daughter (5.5) wants everything in the Toys'r Us catalog though so hopefully she picks one thing she really wants by Christmas, but I got them some stuff already too.

For the others I have no idea, we always decide at the last minute what we're going to get for family anyway (depending on whether we actually see them or not).
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Ok, so this is a bit off topic but I HATE the fact that my husband will NOT shop for his own family. Ever. If I don't get his family a gift then they don't get anything at all, but of course it's all my fault. (I know they blame me because one of his cousins who I trust very much said my MIL was complaining that "Lisa didn't get us anything." Really? How about blame your son if you don't get a gift! I buy for my family and he should buy for his.

Rant over. Carry on.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I have just started gathering ideas together but I have yet to buy anything.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Yep. My parents are done. Only leaves the BF and the BF's parents.

Now, do I have any clue of what I want to get the BF, absolutely not.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is a bit off topic but I HATE the fact that my husband will NOT shop for his own family. Ever. If I don't get his family a gift then they don't get anything at all, but of course it's all my fault. (I know they blame me because one of his cousins who I trust very much said my MIL was complaining that "Lisa didn't get us anything." Really? How about blame your son if you don't get a gift! I buy for my family and he should buy for his.

Rant over. Carry on.

Um yeah... I hate my boyfriend's family, so if it were up to me they would get a steaming box of ****.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I do my Christmas shopping on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I finished my Christmas shopping last month.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I started my Christmas shopping for this year the day after Christmas last year. :embarassed: I always do that though & I'm a clearance junkie...all year, I scout the clearance sections at stores & squirrel stuff away. I scored a pair of laser tag guns for my son, originally $60 marked down to $15.

Target's clearance selection has really been letting me down this year though, I'm kinda pissed. :grumble:
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Done.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

Rant over. Carry on.

My DH will shop for his family....if I want to wait until the day before. I REFUSE to wait that long, so I gather ideas from his sibs for each other/spouses, his nephews and his mom and dad, and shop for them myself....sometimes I make him come with me, sometimes I don't.

I usually have just about all of my shopping done by the end of the first week of December, depending on what people are getting (and if I'm making anything - last year I did a cross-stitch piece for my sister and made soaps and sugar scrubs for a bunch of people....this year I'm making latch-hook pieces for his sis and SIL). We got married this year, so everyone is getting a framed wedding pic of us...just need to figure out the other stuff. I LOVE wrapping - ribbons and bows and everything...people always say my presents are too pretty to open. I normally have everything wrapped and under the tree by Dec 15th at the latest...but we have a new kitten in the house, so we're not sure if we're putting the tree up this year...