Video workout!

Options
Today I worked out using a video on fitnessblender.com, but I do not know how to log it into my exercise log.. Can someone please help!

Replies

• hubb6364
    hubb6364 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you did, I worked out to one last week and put it under low impact aerobics. Hope that helped!
  • jecalloway91
    Options
    It was Butt and Abs Tabata Workout- Fat Blasting Cardio Interval Workout (it burned 213-334 calories, 28 minutes long, level 4 in difficulty, and it focused on the lower body and core)

-ugh! so confused
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Today I worked out using a video on fitnessblender.com, but I do not know how to log it into my exercise log.. Can someone please help!

Exercise in MFP that gives you calorie counts are under cardiovascular.

Major categories are used.....it's ok, because calorie burns are "guesstimates"....without lots of information

Aerobics (low impact, general, or high impact)....you can also find categories for dance & walking

Circuit training is a combination of cardio with weights

Strength training (again under cardiovascular) ....you can also find pilates & yoga categories
  • DaniellaB1995
    DaniellaB1995 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I often use fitnessblender.com for my workouts, if you go on their website for the video, underneath each video is a colourful rectangle that tells you the calorie burn for that workout, as well as which area of the body it focuses on, the equipment needed, length and difficulty.

I usually take the lower number of the estimated calorie burn, just to make sure I don't OVER estimate.
    For example on this video: http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Fast-Paced-High-Intensity-Workout-Descending-Ladder-of-Pain/h6/
    It says the calorie burn is 144-216 calories for the workout.
    I've been adding the videos to the database as I do them, but you could also do a quick-add calories.
    Hope this helps! :)

EDIT: Okay so for the video you did, what I would do is: go on add exercise under the "cardiovascular" part, and search for it. It probably won't be on there, so then go to the bottom of the page and click "add an exercise to the database". Use the information on fitnessblender.com to add in the title of the video, how many minutes and how many calories it burned
  • merecard
    merecard Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you did really. There is aerobic High Impact and Low Impact, circuit training and more. If I do a DVD workout, I'll put it in as low impact. and I ALWAYS under estimate my work-out / exercise time when inputting. So if I did a 50 minute DVD. I will put in 40-45 minutes of aerobic ____impact (depends on if I went all out or didn't go all out) I always underestimate because there is warm-up and cool down times in every one and then I will be pleasantly surprised when I did better than what the "Based on five weeks..."