Anyone want to do the 30 day shred with me?? :D

Options
I'm wondering if anyone here wants to start the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred program with me.
I tried it before a few months ago but I wasn't motivated enough to keep going ):
This time, I would like other people to join me so that I may actually finish what I start!
I'm starting it on Monday, November 11th. (:

Feel free to post pictures on this thread (I will be posting some before pictures and progress pictures every 10 days).

Join me? (:

P.S. If you do not have the DVD, you can probably find videos floating around the internet somewhere....

Let's do this, guys! :D

d7964c20-3e55-49e2-a2f4-a7e20dcf5937.jpg

Replies

• Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I think I'll do it! :smile:
  • MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I used jillians dvd to loose 23 lbs. Her workouts bring results. Target 5 times a week, first thin in the morning if you can workout then...
  • Yasmineh_
    Options
    I've tried doing it before but quit after the first or second week because it was getting too repetitive :( Good luck to you though! I've read that it gives quite good results here.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am already doing it.. :) on level 1 day 5 today.. :) I am with you girl..
  • hellakitties
    hellakitties Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've tried doing it before but quit after the first or second week because it was getting too repetitive :( Good luck to you though! I've read that it gives quite good results here.

I agree that 30 Day Shred gets really boring and repetitive. The same workout for 10 straight days just doesn't keep my interest. I thought Ripped in 30 was designed better: four workouts for 5-6 days a week instead of three workouts for 30 days straight. So when I repeated 30 Day Shred (just finished today), I did each workout for 6 days (with one day of rest). Finished in three weeks instead of one month and definitely enjoyed the experience more.
  • kmtbest
    kmtbest Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started Level II today! It's a killer! Getting awesome results though :) The scales haven't shifted but have lost inches already. I'm really enjoying it and this is someone who hasn't done any exercise for 5+yrs!
  • amyloulou1987
    amyloulou1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im in!

Im starting today if thats okay.

Here are my starting stats (I have pictures will try and upload them)

184 lbs (13'2 ouch)
  • BeccaJane_x_
    BeccaJane_x_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am game! :smile:
  • mommysockmonkey
    mommysockmonkey Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll probably start this week, though. Feel free to add me. I am also doing Chalean Extreme for extra strength training. I've done 30 DS before and I agree that it does get boring, but it also does produce results....especially given the short lenght of the workouts. Good luck everyone!
  • esdale81
    esdale81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 1st day of level 2 of the 30 day shred. In the last 7 days I have lost 2lbs and 2 inches of my waist so I am going to keep it up.
    I agree it is repetitive but I usually just put my own music on now and that makes it much more fun. By doing the same routine you can also notice yourself getting better and stronger at the moves.
    Keep me posted on how you are all getting on
    Good luck

P.s I have also just started following James Duigan's Clean and Lean diet which is full of delicious healthy recipes
  • Lady_Taylor
    Lady_Taylor Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im in... I could use the extra cal Burn . Yay !!!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I'm on day 3. I keep forgetting to take measurements. I will post them if i remember.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'll join in, tomorrow! :P
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    i'm about to start week 2, i agree it does get boring but it brings results so I stick with it.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Thinking about doing it... I will make a decision before the 11th... Would love to have some support also :)
  • MrsB10305
    MrsB10305 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. I will have to say I didn't realize how over weight and out of shape I was until I started the DVD. I forgot to take measurements so I will make sure I do it tonight! Anyone who is doing the 30 Day Shred please feel free to add me. :)
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just started (for the 3rd time) yesterday. My plan is to do Monday-Friday, skip weekends, 2 weeks per level. Add me as a friend if you like, I will motivate all I can, and can use a bit too.
  • sydn3y22
    sydn3y22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also attemted it a few months ago but lost motivation. . So let's do it!
  • cjsroute24
    cjsroute24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do it occasionally as part of a rotation of exercise videos. I wouldn't mind trying it as more of a routine to see if it does anything for me!

The question I have is how do you record it in your exercise on MFP? Do you just record the cardio part? I really don't record much of my strength exercising on MFP since it doesn't gain me any calories for the day! ;) That's what I'm all about! hee hee
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was really heavy into it before I hurt my neck so it's time to get back to it and I think it half of it is cardio and half is strength