looking for non-Jillian circuits dvd with handweights

Options
Hi, I have 4 Jillian Michaels dvds and I would like some more variety.
I like '30 day shred' and 'banish fat, boost metabolism' and 'no more trouble zones'.
I find 'ripped in 30' too hard on my knees and the moves are too fast and too complicated for me to enjoy the workout. It takes me half the time just to figure out how to do it safely, and my arms are just too short for the bridge lift thing!

I would like to use handweights, I can't get to the gym to do any weights work. I also prefer 30-40 min worth so I can fit it into my baby's afternoon sleep time.

Any suggestions for me?

Replies

• Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i got leslie sansone's walk at home dvd "5 really big miles"

it comes with a toning band...and it has 5 different miles you can choose from and they go from like 12 minutes to i think 15 minutes...so you could do multiple if you wish.

she does a bunch of different things in the videos and they are pretty easy to catch onto...she makes it go pretty quick.

i am not sure this is the intensity you are looking for...but it could be something you have as an option :) i do it and 30 day shred.

good luck. that is a good question/topic :)
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Look up Butt Bible on youtube. There are 6 workouts. 3 levels in upper body and 3 in Lower body. (Level 1 is 20 min, 2 is 30 min, 3 is 40 min.) It's similar to JM but it is a bit more strength based and much more basic classic moves and. It's a bit slower too and you can just up the weights as you get stronger. Its all there and it's free. The BB program is to do 2 upper and 2 lower work outs a week but I think they are a fun mixer with JM stuff.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    How about Chalean Extreme?
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I do Jackie Warner DVDs - Xtreme Timesaver Training is good - half an hour of intense training using hand weights - I feel it's a step up from Jillian although not as much cardio! It really works the shoulders and is amazing! Available on Amazon really cheaply!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I do Jackie Warner DVDs - Xtreme Timesaver Training is good - half an hour of intense training using hand weights - I feel it's a step up from Jillian although not as much cardio! It really works the shoulders and is amazing! Available on Amazon really cheaply!

I also have Jacki Warner - Xtreme Timesaver. The workout is good and doesn't have all the jumping around that Jillian does so it is nice if you looking for something with lower impact. Strangely, I find Jackie quite annoying. I always thought Jillian was a bit annoying until I got this video, now I totally appreciate her. Jackie has no repoire with the two girls in the video - in fact, it seems like she just met them 5 minutes before filming. The workout, however, is good and doesn't take up a lot of time so it's worth suffering through the weird dialogue and banter.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    10 days to a better body.

sounds so simple - but I love it- hand weights and 20 minutes of your time. Alternate upper and lower body each day. Was 5 bucks on amazon.
  • sallysuze
    sallysuze Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will have a look for some of these.Always good to get some help on tis one before I spend lots of money!
    Anyone else with ideas?
  • spicerv1
    spicerv1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try this site: http://www.collagevideo.com. Actual instructors review the DVDs. They also have previews to view before taking that plunge. Also their money back guarantee is awesome. Check it out.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I like Kelly Coffey-Meyer. I use Her 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD's.
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Did you have good results with 30 minutes to fitness?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Check out fitnessblender.com lots of different types of workouts so you never get bored.