Well its not a movie but their new series House Of Cards is pretty good
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i just watched a deliciously ridiculous little gem called FP
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I thought there were more recent posts here since September. Well, I'm bringin' it back! Watched HottieBoombaLottie the other day. Really cute and funny.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    "Rid of Me" which i saw several months ago. The subject matter hit a little to close to home at the time of the initial viewing. I liked it but had mixed feelings about it....I am in a strange mood to see it again so watching it now

Also, i recently watched two movies that were pretty unique and I enjoyed both.

The first is "Dumplings" which is a suspense/horror type of movie with touchy subject matter, so avoid that if you are in any way squeamish

The other is "Starlet". The description states "An unlikely bond forms between 21-year-old Jane and 85-year-old Sadie when they cross paths at a garage sale. This film contains explicit content." Not much more that i can say without spoiling it, but if you are in any way prudish perhaps skip this one.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I watched Rec 3 and thought it was great! I don't think I saw the second one, but I doubt it matters. Also watched Rosewood Lane, which was pretty freaky, and Apt. 143 I'm sorry I wasted my time watching Grave Encounters. If I didn't already say The Awakening, I really liked that one, too. I've been sick and can't do anything, so I had some time on my hands.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Valhalla Rising...
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    A Good Old Fashioned Orgy

Get over the title and enjoy. Great movie! I just finished it.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Derek with Ricky Gervais. I am so in love with this show but there are only 7 episodes.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I love the documentaries..
    Craigslist Joe and Happy are really good.
  • ilbcnuz
    ilbcnuz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Salmon Fishing in the Yemen...........
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Want to watch shows on Netflix that aren't there?

1) Download Google Chrome
    2) Download the "Hola" Extension
    3) Log into Netflix and switch the region from "USA" to "UK

You're welcome.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Derek with Ricky Gervais. I am so in love with this show but there are only 7 episodes.

Derek was awesome! Tears of laughter to tears of sadness, how did that happen? Genius!
  • doirone
    doirone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The Reef

Shark movie, but not big budget with tons of special effects. Frightningly real.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    All movies that should be seen:

TiMER - totally cool movie about what would happen if you could scientifically identify your soulmate. My favorite of all time.
    Keith - need a good cry? This is the movie for you. Funny, romantic, feel-good.
    Splice - I always show this to friends who haven't seen it, and they get mad at me for how disturbing it is. And not in a scary or gory sense... give it a shot (not sure if this is on Netflix but it's one of my top 10).
    It's a Disaster - hilarious movie with some big names. Not predictable in the least.

Shows:

Orange is the New Black - I'm sure it's been mentioned a thousand times, but I had to include it.
    Hit & Miss - Chloe Sevigny plays a transsexual hitman who becomes the guardian for her 4 nieces and nephews. Only one season but totally awesome and original.
  • sjsosu
    sjsosu Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just watched "It's a Disaster" and thought it was really good.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Also:

Exam - a group of people show up for an interview and are left in a room together to figure out what to do / how to succeed in the interview. They only have three rules to follow and no other instructions. Psychological thriller - creepy and really good!

Butter - a butter sculpting contest between a little girl, a power-hungry housewife, and an angry prostitute who is owed money by the housewife's husband; totally hilarious and adorable. Olivia Wilde, Jennifer Garner, Hugh Jackman, Ty Burrell...

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - two sweet, totally innocent hillbilly men go on their "dream vacation" to a cabin in the woods, where they run into a group of college kids who are on spring break and are convinced that the men are axe-murderers trying to kill them. Confusion and hilarity ensues. Sort of a spoof on slasher films - really funny! (Pretty gory, but it's a corny type of gory)

Super - if you have not seen this, your life is not complete. Rainn Wilson (The Office) plays an average dude whose wife leaves him, and clearly the only sensible response is for him to become a super hero to rid the world of evil and win her back. Ellen Page (Juno) shows up as his eager sidekick, and they work together to fight line-cutters, litterers, and the like, all while trying to save his wife. Liv Tyler and Kevin Bacon also star.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    House of Cards
    Orange Is The New Black
    Percy Jackon
    Boy In The Stripped Pajamas

50540473.png
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Great "hidden gems" currently streaming...

Horror:
    Session 9
    Dead End
    High Tension

Drama:
    Lars and the Real Girl
    The Long Walk Home
    Red (2007)
    C.R.A.Z.Y.
    The Battleship Potemkin

Romance:
    Ira & Abby
    Same Time Next Year
    Friends with Kids
    The Giant Mechanical Man
    A Room with a View

Documentary:
    Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

Sci-Fi/Fantasy:
    Super 8 (Not too much of a hidden gem, but not nearly as well known as J.J. Abram's other projects)
    Strange Days

TV:
    United States of Tara
    Beauty and the Beast (1987)

Christmas:
    Midnight Clear
    The Dead (one of the most underrated Christmas-season movies ever. But it's very much for people who can appreciate a "slow" movie that's more about subtlety, behavior, and nuance.)