Looking for those who are eating Keto.

Options
I'm turning 25 years old, 5'6 with about 60 pounds to lose. What do you recommend as macros first starting out? Or max amount of grams in carbs and sugar first starting out?

Replies

• kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend going to the groups for more info about keto (search for keto). You get a lot of mixed information on the regular boards.

That being said, If you go to www.reddit.com/r/keto and check the side bar on the right there is a calculator that will walk you through finding your macros. The typical norm though is to keep your carbs under 20 g per day to get into ketosis. For me, when I started, my macros were around 5% carbs/ 30% protein/ 65% fat. I am 5'4" with about 50 lbs to lose. I am pregnant atm so taking a break from keto until the baby is born but I love eating this way!
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started out at under 20g per day until I got acclimatized. Now I can eat up to 50 and still maintain keto. Part of it will depend on your body, of course, and what you find comfortable and sustainable. My macros started at 5/65/30 carbs/fat/protein, and now I'm at 10/60/30.