going bat $#!@ crazy

Options
My fiance never lets me eat sweets without giving me hell i feel deprived but at the same time I'm grateful but today i feel like crying!! He got pumpkin cupcakes and i don't get any at all! Rant over

Replies

• emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    WTF? He buys them but won't let you eat them... I'd flush them all down the toilet.. then make him pay for a plumber...
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he should be your ex fiancé
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Are you locked in a closet? Should we call someone? Are you bound and gagged?
  • PMcLinn
    PMcLinn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    the more you deprive yourself the more likely you are to binge...just fit them into your calories and enjoy them
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    if you guys are living together you need to talk to him ASAP or you will struggle reaching your goal. Tell him you don't want that stuff in the house to be tempted--and he is an *kitten* for eating them in front of you and telling you that you can't.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You've lost a big chunk of weight (I'm envious!) so I say congratulations to you and keep up the good work. The dominance thing with your boyfriend is very unhealthy, but I commend you for hanging in there with the weight loss. Stick to the weight loss...the boyfriend? Well, up to you.
  • HeyJudeismyname
    Options
    I tell my husband if he brings home sweets that I cannot or should not eat that he must hide them from me, and do not eat them in front of me. I want to see no wrappers no evidence that the sweet is even in the house.
    You need to be dieting for yourself, tell him he is not the food police. YOU are in control of your intake...not him. If you want to eat something it is up TO YOU...NOT HIM. HE should not have that kind of control over you or taunt you by eating something in front of you and giving you a hard time. Rethink your relationship, this guy doesn't sound like a keeper.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You need to kick him in the nuts. That's very disrespectful and selfish...we have a name in the fitness world for those kinds of people

"food terrorists"

seriously have a talk with him that is unacceptable
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My fiance never lets me eat sweets without giving me hell i feel deprived but at the same time I'm grateful but today i feel like crying!! He got pumpkin cupcakes and i don't get any at all! Rant over

He never lets you? Are you serious? That's a red flag waving right there. YOU are responsible for what YOU eat. NO ONE else. If you want to have one cupcake, you can. Deprivation can lead to failure. You can eat sweets IN MODERATION and still lose weight. And him taunting you is also a red flag to me.

Are you sure you want to marry someone who claims to love you, then controls your eating and taunts you with "forbidden food"? Unless you're into that sort of dominance....
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    she may have told him when she started this not to let her eat anything like that.

besides, pumpkin has no place in anything sweet ever. its a vegetable, and a gross one at that.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    honey, that's never a good sign if he is controlling what you eat.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Here is the secret to making this a LIFE STYLE change not a diet. Live life. If you deprive yourself, you will be angry, (you've hit that stage) and go off the deep end and eat an entire Sara Lee cheesecake in the car in a dark parking lot with a plastic spoon, tossing the evidence in a trash can before you chew gum to rid yourself of the tell-tell cheese cake scented fumes before you go home.

You have to find a balance. A cupcake is not going to kill you. NOT having the cupcake might. If you can find a way to fit those treats in your calorie budget, you'll be sucessful. I'm at 1,300 calories a day (net after exercise) I eat 3 full meals and several snacks, and I managed to fit a Dunkin Dounut Red Velvet Cake dounut into my budget today. Do I feel guitly? No, becuase I will give up something else throughout the day. If I had not had that delicious little red-ish treat today, It would still be haunting me and I would eat 3x the calories trying to satisfy that haunting smell/taste/texture.

I have days, beleive me. Halloween almost killed me and there are days recently when I ask myself "What is wrong with me" when I log my food intake and see what I consumed. But it can work, you can have both. Try to show your fiance how you make it fit into your budget, and tell him you've got this. He needs to trust you and know you can handle a cupcake. Otherwise, it will be food infidelity, sneaking around bakeries and other food outlets looking for your fix.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I would spray his sweets with windex right before it gets in his mouth. If I can't have sweets, no one is having sweets lol
    It's not impossible to lose weight and have the good stuff. Tell him to take the stick out of his bum and to maybe give you a look before you eat TOO MANY, not one. My goodness....
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    He doesn't "let you"? You need a new fiancé.
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    he finally gave in thank God!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

I'm guessing you're into someone telling you what you can and cannot do?
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    He is lucky you didn't have to kill him to have them All..
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    she may have told him when she started this not to let her eat anything like that.

besides, pumpkin has no place in anything sweet ever. its a vegetable, and a gross one at that.
    What! Pumpkin and sugar are a match made in heaven!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Sounds like a healthy relationship. :noway:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Are you locked in a closet? Should we call someone? Are you bound and gagged?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: