FoodMatters

Options
Has anyone else watched this Documentary? I was watching this while folding laundry this morning. Wow. I suddenly have a desire to grow a huge garden, have a compost pile and double my vitamins.

It's available on Netflix Watch Instantly if you haven't seen it.

70123196.jpg

"Food Matters
2008 NR 80 minutes

With a staggering number of Americans suffering from obesity and other food-related maladies, this film takes a timely and hard-hitting look at how the food we eat is helping or hurting our health, and what we can do to live (and eat) better. Nutritionists, naturopaths, scientists, doctors, medical journalists and more weigh in on everything from using food as medicine to the value of organic food and the safety of the food we consume."

Replies

• verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes! Excellent movie. Will be going to Half Price Books to research a raw food lifestyle-like Idiot's Guide to Eating Raw lol.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I saved this on my netflix list will watch it soon!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we've watched half of it and it's an eye opener. I mean, yeah the pharmaceutical industry would go bankrupt if WE ALL GOT HEALTHY AND TOOK CARE OF OURSELVES. Imagine that....
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    Yes, I watched it last week, made me rethink my way of eating. One thing I didn't know is that the body doesn't "like" cooked food and reacts negatively to it. They were saying at least 51% of your food should be raw.