Just walking...is it enough?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachaelkate456
    Options

I love Just Dance - and I just found out that you can rent Just Dance videos from Redbox! I'm excited! :-)

I don't know what redbox is :) the gaming show did a review of the new 2014 just dance (for the year that has not happened yet...odd I know)... They gave it big thumbs up. It's on the list for Christmas.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is. If you are only walking outside, try the Leslie Sansone(?) walking DVD. They are great for when the weather is good or it is too hot outside. I use the DVDs on the weekends. I have also started using hand weight with it. Her DVDs are a total body workout. You pi k the number of miles to do. I suggest the 5 mile DVD.
  • rachaelkate456
    Options

Anyway, Dearie, just do your 40 minute walk, and be consistant. It helps you in every single way... even stuff you can't notice!!! You'll be happy you did!!! My best to you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • rachaelkate456
    Options
    Yes, it is. If you are only walking outside, try the Leslie Sansone(?) walking DVD. They are great for when the weather is good or it is too hot outside. I use the DVDs on the weekends. I have also started using hand weight with it. Her DVDs are a total body workout. You pi k the number of miles to do. I suggest the 5 mile DVD.

Thanks! I will take a look. We are coming into summer now in Australia. I thought I would try getting out before 7am most mornings but that would be great if I didn't make it.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I think I have given up on the abs :) .... two kids, both by emergency caesar....the tummy is a bit of a smoodgie mess. I was thinking further down the track factoring in some strength/resistance training but it would be at home or at the park. I do own the Nike Kinect Fitness 'game' but I can't even get through the fitness test at the moment. :grumble: I said I would try again in a month.

Don't give up yet! I've had caesers, and my son split my stomach muscles in two (literally - huge gaping hole, he was a big baby, I'm only 4'10 lol). I know I can't fix it properly without surgery, which is on the cards for a few years down the track, but I started doing the 30 Day Shred and at the end my core was significantly tighter. The central muscles are still stuffed, but my core strength is slowly improving.

I just started with simple planking and crunches and went from there. That said, I do most of my pushups on my knees LOL still working my way up to proper ones!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the above, walking is great and costs nothing, plus you can do it as soon as you put your shoes on and go outside. Keep it up!