365 days...1 year...a new me!

Options
Ivey05131980
Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
So my gym asked me to write a success story so they could post it for all to see. To say it was an honor would be a total understatement. Take a minute to read what I submitted, if you will.

One year. 365 days. Each day, one step closer to my goal. I’ve “dieted” my whole life, basically. But this time was different. My mind was in it. My heart was in it. I was doing it this time. I was changing my life. I was tired of not being able to fit in booths or rides and having to tell my son he could not do something because of my own fears and insecurities. Well, I have done it. I AM doing it. One year of consistently logging my food and holding myself accountable for my choices. Last year, I entered my very first Zumba class VERY overweight, out of breath and clumsy feeling, but I left knowing this was an exercise I could do and one that I wanted to do. One that I enjoyed, which I never thought it was possible to ENJOY an exercise. That makes all the difference in the world. In this past year, I have done Zumba on a regular basis, usually 3-4 times a week. I have even branched out of my now “comfort zone” of Zumba and tried other classes. I’ve tried Piloxing, done an Insanity boot camp, completed a few 5K’s, planked, squatted, burpee’d, hula-hooped and more. Me, yes, ME! I have pushed my body to the limits and there has been lots of sweat and yes, tears, too. But never once this past year have I thought about giving up. In years past, if the scale was up any after I felt I had worked so hard and eaten so well I would just give up and go back to my old ways. I am determined to do this and I will get to my goal. I have made friends who share some of the same goals as me, and for them, I am so thankful! My constant encouragers, support system and the ones who call me an inspiration make this journey so much easier for me. I have confidence that I never had before. I’ve included a few pictures of me then, during and now. My total weight loss since 2011 is 128 lbs., with 95 of those pounds lost over the past year. Once you get your mind fully into something, the rest will just fall into place. Don’t give up. You are worth it and so am I.

So, yeah. This past year has had its fair share of ups, downs, good days and bad days. But I have stuck with it and I WILL get to my goal whenever and whatever that might be. And for all of my friends reading this, my big news (to me) will be revealed in my video at the bottom. Just copy and paste the link below. Hope you like it....I did it for YOU!! Thank you all so much!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Now, for the pictures, because that is what everyone wants to see anyways...am I right? :wink:

5074a8df-6436-4899-90f3-0876eac59acd_zpsc34b2acc.jpg

fe34480e-c255-42ff-818a-1dbcf7b0fd7d_zps68d6a162.jpg

MFP7_zps98a120c4.jpg

TRIO_zps985c9a15.jpg

TRIOGLOW_zps419092da.jpg

MFP8_zps9e7d4293.jpg

Zumba111_zps0d268994.jpg

RobinRun5K_zps3a95ec22.jpg

I CAN cross my legs now...EEK!!! See:
crossedlegs_zpsc74b0342.jpg

BC_zps5b01a189.jpg

HSR_zpsce066034.jpg

HSR1_zps0765cfe7.jpg

GNORaleigh2_zps163eced4.jpg

MFP2_zps6a4ced24.jpg

MFP1_zps44c6c635.jpg

MFP6_zpsc31c04b1.jpg

And one last one of me tonight....

100_8436_zps7ff687ff.jpg

Ok, friendsies...check out the video!!~~~> http://youtu.be/jZ1poNV5pt0

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Spectacular!!!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Woot! Congratulations! You're doing so well!
  • MyLowCarbSanity
    MyLowCarbSanity Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you so much for the inspiration!!! You look fantastic.
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing beautiful woman. So privileged to know you. Xoxoxo
  • dawndovell
    dawndovell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • melly0224
    Options
    You will continue to be an inspiration to me girl! You are beautiful inside and out and I'm so thankful to call you my friend. Tears fell down my face as I read this. You are amazing!!!!
  • gojodster
    gojodster Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great JOB! you look awesome!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • huntndox
    huntndox Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. And, an inspiration! I plan to be able to write a story like this one year from now, and you will be my inspiration for the next year!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    These are the stories I read over and over again. 126 pounds lost. It shows such love of yourself, such commitment and strength. Thank you for sharing this story with the MFP community. Its inspirational and it helps to be reminded of how much people can accomplish when they keep trying. Also, your new short do looks fabulous!
  • ny135
    ny135 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Thanks for sharing I love reading these stories.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Love the hair!! Adorable and going to be so much cooler. Congrats on your year and all your success. Keep doing your thang!!!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    wow you look fantastic! Also if that white top with the gold bead things is from lane bryant... I just bought it 2 weeks ago!
  • Mariya_9000
    Options
    Stories like this just Push my Motivation to the extremes!!! You are Amazing & looks Gorgeous!
  • nehmon
    nehmon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    one word: FANTASTIC.
    You are doing a good work. Congrats.
    I agree with you, once your mind is in the game, you are focused and you start changing the way you live.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations you look fantastic!
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Well done. You are very lovely !
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Your story is an inspiration!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    wow you look like a totally different person, great job you should be very proud
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!