helo me reduce my belly fat plz! (picture)

Replies

• jigglyone
    jigglyone Posts: 410 Member
    Ignore the co-worker.

Simple calorie deficit and the fat will melt away, period.

Log everything in your food diary religiously. Get a food scale and weigh everything.

You do not have to exercise to lose the fat but if you do you can eat back those exercise calories which can help make it even easier to stick to your diet.

Exercise also has many other health benefits that are well worth the effort, but for the sole purpose of losing weight it is not absolutely necessary.

Also, for the sole purpose of losing weight you do NOT have to give up any specific foods. Many of us here (who have been, are, and continue to be successful) eat ice cream everyday (not diet low blah blah, the real deal), and cookies, and cakes, and pizza, and so on.

Many of us do not believe in the idea that any kind of food is inherently bad, i.e. no such thing as "junk food" unless it contains toxic stuff (avoid rat poison, sewage, lead paint chips, etc). When we speak of this we say IIFYM which stands for If It Fits Your Macros, meaning so long as it is within your calorie goal and you are not getting significantly more or less of your macros (i.e. it fits) then you can eat it. Macros refers to Carbs, Fats, and Proteins especially. Check out iifym.com for more information.

thank you dear friend for your kind words and advice:flowerforyou:
  • jigglyone
    Yes. Eat at a sensible calorie deficit in order to lose the fat. It's the only way.
    :blushing:
    thank you for your response. this may sound very silly, but since i am new to all this, what does a deficit mean?

Eating at a deficit simply means that you eat fewer calories than you need to maintain your current weight. MFP allows you to set you weekly weight loss goal, then gives you the appropriate amount of calories every day to reach that goal.

Keep in mind, the number you are given is already a deficit, so if you exercise, you are expected to eat those calories back. I will tell you that most people agree that MFP overestimates calorie burn by exercise, so I would recommend you eat *most*, but not all, of your calories back if you are only using MFP to count your exercise calories burned. I usually go 2/3 to 3/4.

great tips! thanks very much!:flowerforyou:
  • jigglyone
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

you can set your MFP accordingly.

BTW your coworker is full of *kitten*.

EAT LESS... lift weights.. be patient... and watch and feel your body become leaner.

You state opinions with no fact base ! All calories do not react the same it the body therefore calorie counting is a never ending loosing battle and weight loose is a sickness that Dr. Treat mental people for to save their lives ! I eat about 3000 calories a day and I am 54 so I eat 7 times a day and 75% protein 15% Carbs and 10% Fat if what you say is truen then the fact that I have lost 60 lbs of fat and gainded 20 lbs of muscle in the past year is just my imagination ? NOT

If your only goal is weight loose then you are 30 years behind times and there is no magic to weight loose Calorie counting is a never ending loosing battle that makes money for weight watchers and jenny Craig and dummies who attemppt it and only fall of the wagon and gain more weight back The only thing that works and work for the rest of your life is life style chnge and theat is not the sick obsession of weight loose ! You must focus on fat loose which in it's self is not possible ? Here sagain the fat ceels you have you are stuck with short of Lipo (Bad Choice) But with a healthy food intake and a healthy life style you can shrink your fat cells which if you stick with it will hit a wall and you will stop loosing fat and start gaining good weight and thsat is where these Kewl hard body women gome from ! Not from counting calories and starving they get those hard bodies from eating 2000 + calories a day and eating ever 3 hours and eating the proper healthy foods and exercise ! Once you take pics and starte to see that you to nomatter what you weight now can stuff your self to the point you have to force yourself to eat and loose fat but yet you body os changing you will kick yourseldf and laugh at all the rodants on the calorie counting tread mill that most fall off of sooner than later bbut NEVER stick to because it is not natural !

Make a healthy life style change and get that body you always wanted and as I said when you take a pic once every 2 weeks and in the 2nd mth you look back at the 21st you will be hooks and toss all the calorie counting BS in the trash and learn how to eat often eat smart and loose fatin a sence whrink the fat cells you have but with plain old H@o and exercise and healthy food you can stuff you face and loose a healthy 5 to 7 lbs of fat a mth keep in mind though the beauty of this healthy life style is if you want to loose more fat you have to eat more ? why ?

Because if you don't ingest a minium of 1 gram of protein for every lb you weigh every day you will loose muscle and hold fat so you have to increase your protein intake :) Sound fun well it is eat every 3 hours and good tasting protein shakes with honey in them a gram of protein has 4 calories so if you are starting at 150 that mean you will need to ingest a minium of 600 calories of protein alone and to be on the safe side since Protein doesn't turn to fat ingest 800 calories of protein and adjust you macros up from there to eat as much as you want and don't forget . . . . .yes that dirty word exercise is required after all you do want to be healthy by loosing fat and building that lean hard body ! No you don't haver to walk the tread mill for hours enjoy yourself use weights walk run , ride a bike , ski, live and active life style save money turn your cable or dish network off and get your butt off the couch ! The rest is up to you ! But stop the sickness of loosing weight and the maddness of counting calories :(
    So sayith the word of nutritionist in the yeaar 2013 the year of our Lord AD :)

thank you my friend:flowerforyou:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member

do you think its possible for me to get leaner? i was told i wont by a co worker :(

If you lose fat and retain muscle you will get leaner. Start lifting and do some cardio and incorporate this into a plan where you are eating real food and you can get lean.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

EAT LESS... lift weights.. be patient... and watch and feel your body become leaner.

You state opinions with no fact base ! All calories do not react the same it the body therefore calorie counting is a never ending loosing battle and weight loose is a sickness that Dr. Treat mental people for to save their lives ! I eat about 3000 calories a day and I am 54 so I eat 7 times a day and 75% protein 15% Carbs and 10% Fat if what you say is truen then the fact that I have lost 60 lbs of fat and gainded 20 lbs of muscle in the past year is just my imagination ? NOT

If your only goal is weight loose then you are 30 years behind times and there is no magic to weight loose Calorie counting is a never ending loosing battle that makes money for weight watchers and jenny Craig and dummies who attemppt it and only fall of the wagon and gain more weight back The only thing that works and work for the rest of your life is life style chnge and theat is not the sick obsession of weight loose ! You must focus on fat loose which in it's self is not possible ? Here sagain the fat ceels you have you are stuck with short of Lipo (Bad Choice) But with a healthy food intake and a healthy life style you can shrink your fat cells which if you stick with it will hit a wall and you will stop loosing fat and start gaining good weight and thsat is where these Kewl hard body women gome from ! Not from counting calories and starving they get those hard bodies from eating 2000 + calories a day and eating ever 3 hours and eating the proper healthy foods and exercise ! Once you take pics and starte to see that you to nomatter what you weight now can stuff your self to the point you have to force yourself to eat and loose fat but yet you body os changing you will kick yourseldf and laugh at all the rodants on the calorie counting tread mill that most fall off of sooner than later bbut NEVER stick to because it is not natural !

Make a healthy life style change and get that body you always wanted and as I said when you take a pic once every 2 weeks and in the 2nd mth you look back at the 21st you will be hooks and toss all the calorie counting BS in the trash and learn how to eat often eat smart and loose fatin a sence whrink the fat cells you have but with plain old H@o and exercise and healthy food you can stuff you face and loose a healthy 5 to 7 lbs of fat a mth keep in mind though the beauty of this healthy life style is if you want to loose more fat you have to eat more ? why ?

Because if you don't ingest a minium of 1 gram of protein for every lb you weigh every day you will loose muscle and hold fat so you have to increase your protein intake :) Sound fun well it is eat every 3 hours and good tasting protein shakes with honey in them a gram of protein has 4 calories so if you are starting at 150 that mean you will need to ingest a minium of 600 calories of protein alone and to be on the safe side since Protein doesn't turn to fat ingest 800 calories of protein and adjust you macros up from there to eat as much as you want and don't forget . . . . .yes that dirty word exercise is required after all you do want to be healthy by loosing fat and building that lean hard body ! No you don't haver to walk the tread mill for hours enjoy yourself use weights walk run , ride a bike , ski, live and active life style save money turn your cable or dish network off and get your butt off the couch ! The rest is up to you ! But stop the sickness of loosing weight and the maddness of counting calories :(

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

1 - Count calories... measure twice, cut once.

2 - IIFYM

3 - What?
  • http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

2 - IIFYM

3 - What?

Calorie counting is a loosers game with the wrong goals that it is a proven FACT that 80% who try fail and never matain weight loose the idea of weight loose is simply a sickness ! Healthy fat lose is a life style change and 90% of the people wh try it stay with it and are health and live happy lives that keep their weight off ! Soooooo you choose fatt looser or callorie counter and yo-yo pro
  • YesIAm17

2 - IIFYM

3 - What?

Calorie counting is a loosers game with the wrong goals that it is a proven FACT that 80% who try fail and never matain weight loose the idea of weight loose is simply a sickness ! Healthy fat lose is a life style change and 90% of the people wh try it stay with it and are health and live happy lives that keep their weight off ! Soooooo you choose fatt looser or callorie counter and yo-yo pro

:huh:

Counting calories and using that math to ensure you are maintaining a deficit results in fat loss, period. Hitting your macros, IIFYM style or otherwise, helps ensure you are doing it in a healthy way. Virtually everybody in the world who says "weight loss" means fat loss, so this is a straw man-esque argument.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    That will definitely go. Definitely. It's not very big at all and you will snap back into shape, no problem. Your co-worker is either not very bright or mean. Possibly both?

Everyone's body stores fat in different place - yours stores it on your tummy. Some people, when they lose, lose evenly all other - with others there's a 'last place to go'. But it will go.

Like everyone said, weigh and log your food. Good luck!
  • YesIAm17

2 - IIFYM

3 - What?

@OP: You might find this very helpful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • jigglyone

2 - IIFYM

3 - What?

Post pic and how long you have been loosing weight I have pic posted and I have been eating 3000 calories a day for a year and lost 60 lbs of fat and gained 20 lbs of muscle ! You may be a fat skinny person and look like oyou have aids ?

So post a pic there Jon boy ? or are you ashamed ?

I see so someone disagrees with something you say and you go in for personal insults and attacks...

tumblr_inline_mq376gVTaf1qz4rgp.gif

:flowerforyou:

@OP: You might find this very helpful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

:drinker:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    do you think its possible for me to get leaner? i was told i wont by a co worker :(

Consistency and a reduced calorie deficit will get you where you want to be.
    You do not *need*to have a huge cut in calories or run marathons.

Worth reading:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

Post pic and how long you have been loosing weight I have pic posted and I have been eating 3000 calories a day for a year and lost 60 lbs of fat and gained 20 lbs of muscle ! You may be a fat skinny person and look like oyou have aids ?

So post a pic there Jon boy ? or are you ashamed ?

What you fail to see, classy post btw, is that counting calories can fit into lifestyle changes. And there are hundred of people here that have lost weight just counting calories. While I don't recommend it (exercise for fitness, yo!) it's certainly not the failure mode you describe.

How did you lose 60 lbs (to be loose in you pants) if you were not in a calorie deficit? Special snowflake?
  • jigglyone
    That will definitely go. Definitely. It's not very big at all and you will snap back into shape, no problem. Your co-worker is either not very bright or mean. Possibly both?

Everyone's body stores fat in different place - yours stores it on your tummy. Some people, when they lose, lose evenly all other - with others there's a 'last place to go'. But it will go.

Like everyone said, weigh and log your food. Good luck!

aww thanks hun!! im getting so motivated!!:flowerforyou:
  • jigglyone

Consistency and a reduced calorie deficit will get you where you want to be.
    You do not *need*to have a huge cut in calories or run marathons.

Worth reading:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

thanks a bunch :flowerforyou:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

For the love of everything holy, the word you want is "lose".

You are equating counting calories and starving. There are tons of us (lots with a " Kewl hard body") that count calories and eat1800, 2000 or even more per day.

This is a really great read
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member

^yep.

As long as you are consuming less calories than you're burning you will lose weight, guaranteed. To not lose weight under those circumstances would mean a contravention of the laws of physics. You've heard of e=mc2? That's what it means.

I recommend setting your MFP account up to reflect a sedentary lifestyle and then adding in your exercise manually. That way it won't be automatically counting exercise every day if you're not doing it.

It looks like you're a similar size and shape as I am, so if you'd like a friend with similar goals feel free to request me.

:)

thsnks so much! you are the best!:flowerforyou:

THIS! For sure, I can't believe the number of people who know Jack *kitten* and feel compelled to comment and bring people down by doing so. Check out my pics in my profile, I had a massive belly (thats where most of my body fat ends up) and through a combination of slight deficit (no more than a pound a week reducing to half a pound as I got near to goal), walking and doing calisthenics I ended up where I am now and have maintained (plus or minus 2 - 3 pounds) since April 2012.

You can do it :)
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    You can totally do it! My belly was rather large and by using a calorie deficit and some exercise it's brought it right down. Last time I measured I'd lost 9 inches from my waist and 6 inches from my hips since March this year. Feel free to check out my profile as I have links to a couple of threads I posted of my journey with pictures of my stomach.

Best of luck!!!
  • TheGoodEmu
    TheGoodEmu Posts: 31 Member
    Why would anyone say that? Punch them repeatedly - to burn calories I mean. ;-)
  • TheGoodEmu
    TheGoodEmu Posts: 31 Member
    Why would anyone say that? Punch them repeatedly - to burn calories I mean. ;-)

...That was in answer to your coworker. I am using the Insanity Program and I love it. I feel amazing and the belly fat (and all the rest) is coming right off. Yeah, I use basic, don't-freak-out calorie deficit too. Healthy stuff, veggie stuff is best. Ditch the processed crap foods as much as possible.

Not sure what all the drama is about on this thread. If you burn 3000 cals a day and are ripped like Arnold, good for you. Neato. Not everyone does things the same way, it doesn't mean you're totally right and they are wrong. Sheesh!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member

Of course you can!!! Just eat nutrient-rich foods at a sensible calorie deficit.

My belly looked like that when I started in July and I lost 6" off my waist since then (from 37" to 31").