Can't get rid of my double chin! HELP

Options
Over this year I've lost quite a bit of weight. I wouldn't exactly class myself as very 'heavy' any more I'm around 129lbs (still need to lose a few to get to my goal. The issue is I seem to have a quite obvious double chin that wont go away! Now I do have a soft featured face which wont help, however there are plenty of people with round or soft featured face without a double chin.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any tips on getting rid of it?

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, no, you can't spot target fat loss. It's just your structure; some hold weight on their face, others on their stomach, some on their hips, etc. Keep doing what you are doing and it will come off in its own time.
  • donnaburnett1982
    Options
    Hi double chins run in my family. My mum and nan have them and I always get it when I gain weight!! I hate it about my face!!

The only time mine went away is when I lost 3 stone, I am currently 12.10 and still have it but when I was 10 stone it was gone!! So back to the weight loss again.

Donna x
  • JaneAlflat
    JaneAlflat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I just need a bit more patience now :) and maybe learn how to hide it in photos until then haha :) x
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I had a flatmate who was skinny but she still had a double chin, then she'd developed an ED and it wasn't until she had a BMI of something horrific like 15 that it went away. But then again so did most of her! I thought she looked much nicer with the double chin :)
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's a lovely trait I got from my Dad's side of the family apparently. I have one no matter how skinny I get, but atleast it isn't AS bad when I lose weight. Just gotta make sure I lean my head right in pictures haha
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you probably lost more on your face than you think - do you have before/during/after photos?
  • JaneAlflat
    JaneAlflat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you probably lost more on your face than you think - do you have before/during/after photos?

Unfortunately I stopped taking photos when I got heavy, and avoided them as much as possible!

The only ones I do have are older (when I was thinner) or at good angles so its hidden as much as possible, i'll see if I cant dig some out for comparison though
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I still want to lose 15 lbs, and by then I'm really hoping mine will go away too... It's way better than it was before, but it's still there.