Please give me some advice.

Options
started a new job as a housekeeper about a month ago. I work my *kitten* off 6-7 days in a row at work. I sweat soo much. I'm constantly moving and am always sore after work. I feel like I'm getting a work out for 8 hours. I can hardly move after work or on my days off.

Here is my problem...I'm eating much less than before I started this job, and obviously I'm active. The scale has not changed one bit! I don't expect to lose 5lbs instantly but I thought maybe at least 1. I mean how can I not have?? Another problem, I'm now getting stretch marks behind my knee. How is that happening? I'm afraid. Actually afraid of gaining more weight, I feel like no matter what I do I'm going to keep gaining and nothing will change.

I'm close to tears anytime I have to get dressed for something where I can't just throw on a pair of stretchy black pants. My clothes fit, but I don't feel comfortable at all. All I want to do is be at home in bed in my pjs.

I'm going to be getting my thryroid checked soon, my mom has issues with hers, and I guess it is hereditary. That may be one source of the problem. I just don't understand how I can be active more of the time than I am unactive. On my days off I still go for walks and keep moving. Help me! I'm losing it!!!!

I'm tempted to buy some diet pills, I know they're probably bad for me, but I feel like I'm running out of options.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough. Make sure you update your activity level to something higher than sedentary, sounds like active to me. Make sure you eat all of the allotted calories that MFP gives you based on your goal loss per week.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Tried to look at your diary, but its not public...So, what are you eating---how many calories, and are they good calories? Are you drinking enough water? Do you binge on your days off? Are you not getting any sort of exercise---besides going to work, which your activity level should change according to MFP
  • denisemichelle17
    denisemichelle17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough calories. If you're consistently below 1020 (I think) you're body may start to hold onto what you have stored or even start to pull from muscle b/c it doesn't know when it's going to get 'fed' again. I would track your calories to a T for a week and make sure your getting enough fiber & protien. If you don't show any progress, then maybe you should get some bloodwork done to have your thyroid or hormones checked.
    It's such a vicious cycle that can lead to feelings of depression...hang in there and I hope that you start to see some progress soon.
  • shezarednek
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? This makes a HUGE difference with me. If I drink my 8-10 glasses/day, I tend to lose the weight (if I don't get stupid with my food) Track your water intake and see if that might help =o)
  • jalovec
    jalovec Posts: 62
    Options
    People have already given some good advice, but get your thyroid checked right away. Things that can slow weight loss include low metabolism (thyroid, and/or not eating enough), stress (body doesn't want to let go of any fuel (fat) when it's in panic mode), or eating more calories than you're burning. Good luck, and don't give up!!!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing, not same proffesion but doing a lot of remodeling and painting. You are most likely not eating enough. I increased my calories against my better judgement , added more protein and a little more fat. i was nearly eating fat free. i also started the 5-6 small meals a day and that really boosted my metabolism. Try it, you may be surprised. I lost 3 lbs. in a week after that. If you try this and it doesn't work, maybe you need a dr. visit to check your hormones and thyoid. Good luck!!!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Don;t get any diet pills, get a doctor appointment and ask for a fasting glucose (to make sure that you don't have diabetis) and a thyroid test. If you mother has a low acting thyroid, there is a chance that you may have the same problem. it seems to run in families.

If you do have hypothyroidism you will be on medication for the rest of your life (Synthroid or its generic version), and it may take few months before the doctor finds the right dose for you. Don't get discourage (better said than done), I been there so I know how you feel.

Keep exercising, maybe add some additional exercise besides what is required from your work. A walk on your days off will do good to your body and muscles.

Eat healthy, log your food and stay within the calories alllocated by MFP, and above all, don't loose sight of your goals. You will get there. Best of luck!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It sounds (from what I"ve learned in my little time hear) that you aren't eating enough calories, if nothing else take a protein bar or something with you and munch on it on a break. Try to eat every few hours. And lots of water.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    The number one factor that I am seeing in your message is that you are stressed!!! Stress is a major cause of weight gain....I have found this to be a problem in my own life also....I have had to learn that all I can do is my best and if I am going to stress over it then I am preventing myself from not only doing the best I can do but taking care of myself also.....pick a time during the day to do something for yourself..mine is in the morning..actually I eat my oatmeal and log on to myfitnesspal.com and log what I am eating. It's relaxing and I am doing something good for myself... hope this is helpful!!!
  • mwatkins35
    Options
    Hi, make sure your getting at least 6 small protein meals a day preferably every 3 hours, make sure your getting enough calories too, I know how hard it is to stop in the middle of work to eat but you have to do it. And remember you maybe be gaining muscle and that's a good thing. I'm on a medical weight loss program and I've lost 18lbs since Sept1 , you may want to measure your self too you maybe losing inches! Good luck,stay positive!
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The number one factor that I am seeing in your message is that you are stressed!!! Stress is a major cause of weight gain....I have found this to be a problem in my own life also....I have had to learn that all I can do is my best and if I am going to stress over it then I am preventing myself from not only doing the best I can do but taking care of myself also.....pick a time during the day to do something for yourself..mine is in the morning..actually I eat my oatmeal and log on to myfitnesspal.com and log what I am eating. It's relaxing and I am doing something good for myself... hope this is helpful!!!
    I absolutely agree because this happened to me personally. Its probably stress with a mix of shock that your body is experiencing right now because of "sudden and heavy workload". try to relax, eat healthy, dring water and get at least EIGHT HOURS of sleep (to come out of the shock first!). I know in practical world of women, it sounds impossible sometimes but if you just care enough for yourself, you just might be able to do it! I recently read on someones post.... losing weight is hard, being fat is hard........ pick YOUR hard!