Replies

• KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna eat lots. Yummmm.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy my holiday. Thanksgiving and Christmas are only 2 days out of many days...I plan to enjoy them. As I've learned over the last year plus, this is not about occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas or someone's birthday or rando BBQ down the street...this is about consistency in what you're doing most of the time...not a few special occasions.

To be honest, I was in the same boat last year...I had just started my weight loss safari in Sept and was pretty worried about the holidays. I got much the same advice from veteran MFPers who had already achieved great success as I typed above...I followed that advice and didn't sweat the small stuff...the holidays didn't derail me one bit...in fact, they were mentally refreshing to just let go for those couple of days. The more important thing is to have a plan to keep on keepin' on after the fact.

I'm not worried at all this year...I'm in maintenance and have been for about 6 - 7 months now and have a pretty regimented training plan that just started this week. I actually have a rest day on Thanksgiving but I have a 4 mile run the day before and a 5K training run the day after and a long run on the Sunday of that weekend as I'm currently training for a 1/2 marathon in the early Spring. Coupled with my weight lifting, the extra calories during the holidays are going to actually probably do me some real good.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pig out, guilt free, and get back on track once it's over.
    This
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    For special occasions I generally make one trip through the food line and as much as I can fit on one plate is what I eat. I then do the same with a small dessert plate. And if I need more I'll go back for things like ham and green beans etc. These few days a year have 0 impact on my overall goals
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Early in the morning I'm doing a Turkey Trot - 5K and then eat as per usual. If I go over, then I go over. It's one day, not the end of the world. :)
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Plan to be mindful of what I eat, but I am going to enjoy the day and if I go over I will not stress about it. It's one day out of 365 in a year, not going to derail my progress forever.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I will fight grandma to the death for the last scoop of macaroni & cheese.
  • Cavegirlbelly
    Options
    Oops, thought this thread was about football! :wink:

I'm going to eat a little bit of everything at Thanksgiving. I'll still be super full, but I don't care. Sometimes you have to just enjoy the day, and as long as you enjoy it responsibly, you're golden.
  • Beana1997
    Options
    I'm planning on sticking to my average caloric intake but if I go over, I'll just start fresh in the morning :)
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pig out, guilt free, and get back on track once it's over.

What he said.

What she said.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do a cheat day but still count the calories as best I can

THIS is what I'll be doing.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My game plan is to eat everything in sight and drink as much as I can :drinker: :drinker:
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Scheduled to complete day 60 of Jamie Eason Live Fit in the morning (Hams/Glutes/Calves), then I'm going to eat ALL the foods! Planning to wear a dress or leggings... Nothing with a button. I don't want anything restricting me!!! :drinker:
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My gameplan

Comfy PJ's
    Lots of Redbox Movies
    Netflix on standby
    Regular Thursday food, maybe some mashed potatoes (that is all I truly enjoy on this day anyhow)
    Maybe a nap here and/or there
    Crown (neat)

Voila! :glasses:

ETA: oh and FOOTBALL!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am going to get a high calorie burn in the morning then eat and eat and eat the rest of the day !
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    portion control and healthy choices... going to load my plate with the veggies, choose white meat over dark (which i love :cry: ), eat more veggies and white meat if i still feel hungry... then only have a couple bites of dessert so i can feel like i got something sweet... oh, and NOT take home left overs unless its the white meat and veggies lol :happy:
  • suzeq22
    suzeq22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll be on a cruise with my husband and son which I think might actually be easier for me than being at home with my Mom's broccoli casserole (it sounds healthy but it's not!!), sweet potatoes and green bean casserole. We are stopping in Port Canaveral that day so we're heading to Universal Studios on an excursion. I figure I'll get in at least my usual 2 miles of walking there (my fitbit will tell me) and then it's supposed to be a traditional Thanksgiving dinner on the ship that night. I know it won't be the same as at home and there won't be easy access to all the leftovers. I'm not really a dessert eater (give me extra mashed potatoes and gravy over pie any day) so I think it should work out fine. Whatever you all do, enjoy your day with your family and friends because that's the most important thing of all. We can all get back "on the wagon" Friday!!
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Go for a long run in the am and then only eat portions of the food I really love!!

Exactly this.

I'm doing an 8k Turkey Trot in the morning with a friend, and then planning on having dinner with my extended family. I can get mashed potatoes any time of the year, so I'm going to have foods that I can't have otherwise. Like all of the homemade cranberry sauce and hand-kneaded bread :9
  • mtec1971
    mtec1971 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating with some control, mainly because I don't want to have that stuffed to the max feeling. I will count as I do every day, I'm not going to stress if I overdo. I will get back on the path the next day & will walk long periods on that day. Since I can't do any K-runs or anything like that, I will do what I can & try not to take a lot of pain pills. Wish all of you luck in doing your Thanksgiving plans! :flowerforyou:
  • Court111117
    Court111117 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I plan on skipping the pre meals that my family always. I will replace them with some veggies and my protein smoothie. Then I can have a good home cooked turkey meal guilt free no counting. No dessert for me just a couple glasses of wine (better than pie in my opinion)