Would like New Friends to Go Through Weight Loss with Me!

Options
I am just starting to change my lifestyle to lose weight. I have never been motivated to lose, but I have hit rock bottom and know that I need to change. I want to get healthy, look better, feel better and not struggle through life or be embarrased because of my weight!

My husband and I recently booked a trip to Vegas in June of 2014, so it's a little incentive to keep me motivated. I will keep going after that, but it's something that has motivated the both of us and gave us that jump start to change our life!

I have a total of 195 lbs that I would like to lose to be at my goal weight. I know that's a lot but I'm going to take it slow and not get discouraged. I can't... I have to do this for myself and I am very excited about my new journey!

Please feel free to add me so we can support each other! I look forward to hearing from you! :smile:

Replies

• enkmom
    enkmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! Friend request sent and we CAN do this together.
  • alisonb2582
    alisonb2582 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! :) I can't wait!
  • smithbeck2
    smithbeck2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Friend request sent!
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Having a good group of friends on MFP will really help you through your journey. I'll send you a friend request.:happy:
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I also sent friend request : )
  • pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I am a sahm to 3 girls and nanny for another little girl, I've been on MFP since May of this year and have lost almost 40lbs! My short term goal is to lose 50lbs by the new yr and long term is 150, so I am here for the long haul. This is a great place to start and we're here to help along the way. Feel free to send a friend request, I log daily and try to check in as often as I can with friends. :)
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Anything is possible....I am living proof
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    request coming your way :-)
  • nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sending a request......we are all in it together!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Awesome that you and your husband are doing this together!!!! It makes the journey so much better.
    One step at a time. One small goal at a time.

Add me please
  • farrellb21
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! Anyone can add me! I'm here to help support and provide a "virtual hug" when needed, I hope to get the same back from my MFP friends!
    I'm looking to lose about 100 lbs, my goal is to take it at increments at a time, get down to 220 lbs, get down to 200 lbs, get down to 180 lbs, and so on, until I feel comfortable with myself. (I'm thinking 150/160).
  • danicool9590
    danicool9590 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 23 I graduated college in May. I am now a full time nanny to my 3 month old niece and a friends 7 month old. They keep my busy! I am mad at myself for getting to the point where I am so unhealthy at almost 300lbs I feel defeated! I want to drop down to about 180!

I am a member of a local fitness studio where I take boot camp classes, core classes, zumba, yoga, etc. I try to make it to at least 5 classes a week. I also meet with a personal trainer and a nutritionist!

I have been on this journey for a while and tend to fail. There is no failing this time! I am here for support and would love to have friends as well! Feel free to send a friend request!
  • Simply_4_me
    Simply_4_me Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Also sent friend request!
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request! The more the merrier :smile:
  • alisonb2582
    Options
    Bump! Still looking for more friends to be a motivating team!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish since I am a fellow Alison. :)

I am almost at my goal but I plan on staying put on this site for a long time to keep my in check. First time I got to my goal and quit and gained half of what I lost back. This time that ain't happening
  • claudy_dotti
    claudy_dotti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    the best advice I received was make small goals to keep you from being discouraged. for example I have 100 lbs to lose, but my first goal is 25 lbs :) once i get there I make a new goal. it works for me because I do get discouraged very easily and also I keep in mind that slow progess is better than no progess. just a thought. hope all is well!
  • alisonb2582
    Options
    Thats exactly what I'm going to do...
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    just sent you a request. welcome to MFP!