How often do you jump on the Scale?

Options

Replies

• midnightmickey
    Options
    I weigh my self in the morning every 3 days. So far I've seen steady loss that way. I think if I waited the whole week I'd be constantly checking the scale in between weigh days.
  • Beana1997
    Options
    I used to check the scale several times a day... all that did was put me down. Then I started weighing in every morning which soon put me down due to fluctuations. The best time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning once a week! Stay strong!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

So I'm wondering when do you jump on the bathroom beast?

Until I broke it cause I know it lies.

Then I would just go lift heavier and continue to drop sizes.

I don't need that beast giving me any false ideas on what is a healthy weight for me.

If I feel good and look good then I'm satisfied.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would get on the scale every morning and sometimes at night just to see the difference in the day. I would only log once a week and then sometimes if I got on and their was a better number I would log that too. Bad idea. I would get frustrated by Wednesday (log in day) when the number would go back up. I have decided to do no weigh ins for November. So far so good and haven't gone near the darn thing!
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Once a week Friday morning naked
  • Natasha00123
    Natasha00123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Since I have been keeping track of what I eat, I have been getting on the scale every day. But I only get on in the morning after I get up and use the bathroom. lol ...when I wasn't eating right, I would avoid the scale. Feels good to be back on track.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly Friday mornings to log into the MFP. I will jump on the scale during the week sometimes as it is just sitting here on the floor next to the toilet but I do not record my weight until the Friday weigh in... Sometimes its more and sometimes its less than it was on the random weigh in day but I only record my Friday weigh ins...

The scale can be our enemy if we allow it to affect our emotions. If you can jump on the scale and be okay with the up/down fluctuations that go ahead and make love to that scale whenever you deem necessary. If you it affects you emotional, then I would say stay away from the scale and only get on it once a week. Emotions are KILLER to a successful life style change!!

:flowerforyou:
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but only record once a month.
  • meerkatable
    meerkatable Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after using the bathroom, before eating or drinking, nekkid (to avoid recording fluctuations in pajama choices, etc). I do it every morning because if I didn't, I know I would give myself too many cheat days, which would add up, which is why I needed to lose weight in the first place. But that's not for everyone. Most advice is to weigh yourself only once a week.

I also don't bother entering a new weight into my progress until it's shown up on the scale a few days in a row. Because sometimes I'll have not eaten much the day before or I ate late in the night and had to wake up early... the scale is just not a perfect method of determining weight and progress.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I never jump on it. It's clear and, I assume, glass.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I was happiest when I went for a month without it.

Take the batteries out of yours and you'll be happier
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but I only track once a week. It's interesting to see how various activities play into the fluctuations. For example, last week was a "deload" week on my lifting program, where you only do basically warmup sets. I've been remodeling a bathroom here at the house and was really sore from doing plumbing work in the basement crawl space, so I skipped my workouts. I lost 2lbs. This week, I'm back on the lifting program, and after squats Monday and bench/row yesterday, I'm up 2lbs, which is water weight for muscle recovery. It's also interesting to see what the results of a higher sodium day have on you the next day.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    once a week- monday morning naked
  • tylerxedge
    tylerxedge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning after I take a huge dump. Gross, but, true.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    No more than once a week. Your TRUE weight will not fluctuate that quickly. Weighing in daily will give you alot of useless numbers. Water retention changes you weight +/- 1lb.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My name is Dawn and I'm addicted to my scale. It is truly a love hate relationship. I have found myself stepping on this beast of burden several times a day. I know it is unhealthy to do this and its even suggested that you skip days between jumping on ..... but I'm addicted.

So I'm wondering when do you jump on the bathroom beast?

Every day, a few times a day. Just curious to see what it says. If its high oh well....if its low that means its time for ice cream.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling skinny :bigsmile: but really a few times a week in the morning- not every day that'd drive me nuts.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Every second day, in the morning just before my shower.
  • latoyagladney
    Options
    I've gotten into the habit of weighing in once a week, but I've learned to not give it that much attention. Don't get me wrong I'm always happy to see pounds lost lol. But if you are eating and working out regularly, you're gaining muscle mass, so while the scale may not move the way you think you should, you are losing fat. So I just do it weekly to keep track.
  • mariabraceyrobinson
    Options
    Every other day. It used to be every day. I'm getting better. :blushing: