Not losing

Options
I'm not losing weight:(, I've stayed the same for ages now and don't know what I'm doing wrongs!

Replies

• Florameg456
    Florameg456 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You're not eating in a deficit.
  • Florameg456
    Options

What's that?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Shellinabobina
    Shellinabobina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! Have you tried psyching your metabolism out? This suggestion will probably get some negative reviews but, if you have ONE day where you eat whatever you want, then the next day back to a strict diet, your metabolism goes into overdrive trying to keep up with all the calories it thinks its getting. Know what I mean?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Are you accurately tracking everything you eat? Measuring and weighing everything?

Glancing at your diary, assuming you are recording everything, you sure don't eat very much. Why so low?

And by your ticker on your profile, you have lost 37 lbs, so..... how did you lose the initial weight? Do you exercise? Have you made any adjustments to you calories and goals since losing the weight?

Input your information and goals accurately and realistically into MFP. Eat your calories (all of them!), exercise, drink water, take rest days, get good sleep and have patience. It works.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I just took a peek at your profile, and I have a couple of questions:

1) How long have you not been losing for? Your ticker indicates you are down quite a bit, and don't have a whole lot left to lose.
    2) What are your stats? You don't seem to be eating very much...

If you offer a little more information, the advice will be more constructive. =)
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options

What's that?

:grumble:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    OP, you mention struggling with an eating disorder in some of your previous threads. Are you seeking treatment for that? This may be a better question to take up with a doctor or nutritionist given your history.
  • Florameg456
    Options
    Are you accurately tracking everything you eat? Measuring and weighing everything?

Glancing at your diary, assuming you are recording everything, you sure don't eat very much. Why so low?

And by your ticker on your profile, you have lost 37 lbs, so..... how did you lose the initial weight? Do you exercise? Have you made any adjustments to you calories and goals since losing the weight?

Input your information and goals accurately and realistically into MFP. Eat your calories (all of them!), exercise, drink water, take rest days, get good sleep and have patience. It works.

I measure everything, I've always ate like this really from the very start of when I started to lose weight, id say I've not lost in a month. I lost the weight doing what I'm doing now, eating what I eat and not necessarily exercising because I have no time
  • Florameg456
    Options
    OP, you mention struggling with an eating disorder in some of your previous threads. Are you seeking treatment for that? This may be a better question to take up with a doctor or nutritionist given your history.

It's a tough one, I still have the thoughts of the Ed but I'm a lot better than I was initially, I'm still so determined in losing weight. I've had as many rounds of counselling as you can imagine and I'm always told that I'm not sick enough!
  • Florameg456
    Options

1) How long have you not been losing for? Your ticker indicates you are down quite a bit, and don't have a whole lot left to lose.

If you offer a little more information, the advice will be more constructive. =)

I started around May, 138 pounds and 5'7
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have just had a month long plateau and despite going against everything you think logically about eating less, losing more weight, the only way I got the scales to start moving again was to start eating back my exercise calories, which I had not been doing previously....so I am now eating between 300 and 600 calories MORE each day and starting to lose again.

Even if you don't do much exercise, you may find yopu are still netting too low and need more calories to keep your body happy and steadily losing.
  • RinnyLush
    Options

I'm no doctor, but I AM someone who has been hospitalized and fully recovered from a serious eating disorder in the past...

Seek the help of a doctor and/or therapist. At 5'7 and 138 lbs you should not be "so determined in losing weight". Personally, I see this information as a red flag.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You started at 138 or are currently 138?

at 5'7 (I am almost 5'8).. 138lbs is almost ideal especially when it is toned up....
  • Florameg456
    Options
    You started at 138 or are currently 138?

at 5'7 (I am almost 5'8).. 138lbs is almost ideal especially when it is toned up....

I'm currently 138
  • Florameg456
    Options

I'm no doctor, but I AM someone who has been hospitalized and fully recovered from a serious eating disorder in the past...

Seek the help of a doctor and/or therapist. At 5'7 and 138 lbs you should not be "so determined in losing weight". Personally, I see this information as a red flag.

I have though, the doctors said that there wasn't much they could do as I wasn't underweight and 'wasn't ill enough'
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    You might wanna read this :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=Sexypants

But I do agree... 5'7 @138lbs I doubt what you need is to lose weight... If you are not satisfied with the way you look that is very different..
  • RinnyLush
    Options

I have though, the doctors said that there wasn't much they could do as I wasn't underweight and 'wasn't ill enough'

You may not be "ill enough" to be forced into hospitalization, or something drastic like that, but if these thoughts and worries are present on a day-to-day basis you should at least be discussing them with a therapist to gain some perspective and keep them from worsening. A little talk goes a long way. =)
  • David482
    Options
    Exercise and proper diet are very important to lose weight and improve fitness. Avoid all high protein food like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, yogurt, drink green tea, fruit juices and plenty of water. Go for walking, running, cycling, practice push ups, bench press and chair squat. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.