Any busy moms out there for support

Options
:tongue:
Hello's any other busy moms out there who also find time is a luxury? I'm a mother of two with a husband who works away from home during the week and ontop of that I am busy with my MBA.. stressed and exausted much? Could do with advie and support from fellow #crazybusymoms

Replies

• I hear that!! lol. friend me if you like :) I have a 1 year old who just learned to walk so i'm burnin up the calories just trying to keep him from walking into the kitchen to eat dog food!! hahaha.
  • lisanew2
    Options
    Hi from one crazy busy mum to another!

I am a mum of 4 who's husband works away during the week. Add me as a friend and we can support each other!

:happy:
  • neskapolita1978
    neskapolita1978 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids and a husband who works an opposite schedule from me. My day begins before 4:00 and if I am lucky I'm in bed by 11:00. I'm just trying to keep my head above water.
  • finallyfit40
    Options
    Same here...my husband works out of town and I work full time with two boys. Thankfully they aren't little, but I still do too much for them. I struggle with losing weight and am trying to lose the same 5 lbs again! A new support system with people in the same situation as me would be helpful...because what I'm doing is not working. Feel free to add me...
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...

My husband works out of town during the week also. I work full time and I have 2 children (13 YO Boy, 7 YO girl) who are very active in sports and other activities. I have to schedule my life around their activities.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have a 2 year old tearaway boy, I work full time and I manage to exercise 6 days a week. Feel free to add me!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I've got two boys ages 4 and 9, and I'm a substitute teacher and working on getting re-certified so I can goback to the classroom full time!
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand* I have a one year old and work full time. Hubby owns his own business and works crazy hours. I had to quit zumba recently b/c I didn't want to drag the kid out with the time/weather change ... Life of a mom. Feel free to add. My diary is open
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Also a busy mom here!! Working full time, tending to a family & house and husband who isn't home often because of his work schedule.

It's hard to balance all that we have on our plate. If one thing is out of line it can affect everything we do. I take it one day at a time. I try to plan and prepare as best I can. I try to squeeze workouts out when I can. Recently invested in a yoga ball so I can do some workouts while my son watches tv or plays in the family room and I can still be with him. Turns out he likes the yoga ball as well...win/win...hoping he grows up with better habits then I did.

I plan my meals out on the weekends. I try to buy fresh fruits & veggies when in season. I pack lunches/snacks so I am not tempted at work. I workout (not every day because, lets face it some days I am just too tired or don't have time) either before my son wakes up or after he is asleep I love ondemand workouts. A nice variety so I never get board.

Try not to get caught up on the small things...tomorrow is a new day and your family is your priority :smile:
  • wbfd22
    wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I completely understand!! I may only have one child (an almost 3 year old boy), but I work full time, my husband is a firefighter (shift work, and not 24 hour shifts), we own a side business, I'm busy studying for my C.E.T. and not to mention we play sports as well (each play on a hockey & baseball team, I play soccer and we ski/snowboard as well). Love my life, but the only time I can find to go to the gym is during my lunch hour. Feel free to add me if you want a supportive friend who understands!!
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yup-- I am a mom of 5 kids and I stay home with them. We school at home so that occupies a lot of time. My hubby works a stressful job but thankfully he doesn't have to travel very much. Kids are busy with activities and I try to get to a self-defense class one or two days a week. Otherwise I work out at home because I seriously don't want to spend the time getting in the car to head to and from a gym. I also hate working out in front of other people. Anyone can feel free to add me. I am on daily and try to support and encourage my pals on here.
  • jaimie120
    jaimie120 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I enjoy the hectic run, run, run of being a mom, wife and employee. The day's are long and free time is non-existent but what else would I do with my time? I do log everyday and am pretty good with commenting on the posts.
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I'm a single-mom (divorced) to a busy, busy, 9 yo girl. She is just finishing up her cheerleading season, so I'm looking forward to the pace slowing down for a bit! I also work full-time, and sometimes have to bring work home.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am a very busy mom.. I have two daughters ages 4 and 6 who both play soccer and I'm also a girl scout troop leader.. I am on our Service units team so I have meeting with my troop two days a month and meetings with my service unit at least twice a month... My Husband works all the time some weeks 7 days a week.. I run at least 4 days a week... I do insantiy at my house and go to a friends house to do t25 sometimes... You can add me if you would like.. I'm trying to loose 10lbs by Christmas and 25lbs by my birthday in March...
  • SarahKaira
    Options
    Hi i'm the same:)
    Two children....work.....etc and trying to fit gym in plus have a lil bit of me time :)
  • latoyagladney
    Options
    Hi! Mom of two, girlfriend, and full time student... and I'm starting a new job soon. It can be tiring! I just try to keep track of what I eat without obsessing, and I go to the gym when I have time (sometimes I have to force myself to) If I can't make it to the gym , I settle for doing at home exercises during the kids naptime!
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Single full-time working mom of a 6 year old.
    I workout 5 days a week and cook healthy balance lunches and dinners for both of us every day.
    If I can, you can!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies mother to 2 girls one is a toddler and one is school aged plus the other daily motherly commitments to make yes I am just am busy as you all. About 2 weeks ago I decided to change my eating habits once again to do more protein and smaller meals thru out the day. One friend of mine said she does 6 meals a day. Im lucky if I can get 3 meals with snacks in between done. One good thing is my youngest and I share a room with my computer. Though she constantly leaves my room to run around and such when I do get that time to commit to a work out is I try to at least during the day after work or after dinner while shes finally relaxing for the night. But last week since the weather changed and I cant take her for a walk too much I decided to do some cardio in the room. So if any one needs support or an ear to vent to add me :)
  • loveart1981
    Options
    I hear you!!!!! I am a mom to a 2 year old, 4 year old, and my 11 year old step daughter to be. I work full time as a middle school art teacher and am planning a wedding for next year and a move in the next few months. I just posted a blog where I mentioned this very thing! Feel free to friend me!
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have 2 boys. I'm married to an oilfield worker so often times it's like being a single mom. It's hard to balance home, work and fitness and some days are easier than others. We just have to remember that it's ok to put ourselves first sometimes. If momma ain't happy...LOL