How often do you jump on the Scale?

Options

Replies

• BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do it every single day. If I don't, I end up half-assing my day. I do it so that I stay accountable. To each their own!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm on its at least daily... Every morning after I use the bathroom but before I get dressed... I only use my mondays weight though... I know I can gain weight over night just from water weight... which I did last week... I went up last week 2lbs and it was water weight...
  • Pacefit4God
    Options
    I do it daily and depending how hard I workout I may do it a couple times a day. I know it's sad. Stupid scale...:ohwell:
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My name is Dawn and I'm addicted to my scale. It is truly a love hate relationship. I have found myself stepping on this beast of burden several times a day. I know it is unhealthy to do this and its even suggested that you skip days between jumping on ..... but I'm addicted.

So I'm wondering when do you jump on the bathroom beast?

I weigh daily.

It's not "unhealthy" to weigh yourself multiple times daily (unless it's affecting other aspects of your life adversely).

It is unhealthy to obsess over the natural fluctuations that will occur.
  • newty1
    Options
    Twice a week just to see how things are going midweek x
  • Mom3b3g
    Options
    Every single morning after going to the bathroom. I only record when it goes down - as long as I know I'm losing.

Exactly!! Sometimes I see it went up one morning, but then the next morning it will be back down. So I don't get upset that it went up a drop - but don't record it either!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I too am addicted to scales. I don't think it's an unhealthy addiction, I like to see them going down, always jump on every morning naked after or before shower. Then sometime again at night. It's amazing the fluctuations.. But I don't let the scales bother me. It's great to see 70 something instead of 90 something kilos.....
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Every morning, wearing the same thing. (Or in this case.. NOT wearing the same thing, I do with nothing...)
    That way I can see if I'm still on the right path or not. I still do light workouts, still seeing results.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    It used to be once a month until I bought my own scale. Now I jump on every morning.
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My name is Dawn and I'm addicted to my scale. It is truly a love hate relationship. I have found myself stepping on this beast of burden several times a day. I know it is unhealthy to do this and its even suggested that you skip days between jumping on ..... but I'm addicted.

So I'm wondering when do you jump on the bathroom beast?

I weigh in once a week, Saturday morning before I have any coffee or breakfast. If you weigh all the time you will fluctuate due to water weight and it will drive you nuts!
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Daily, and like some other folks said I use trendweight.com to stay sane about it. Seeing the daily fluctuations is useful for me but may not be for everyone. I would say if you are weighing daily make sure to follow the trends and averages not the daily number.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I wake, use the restroom, run my bathwater and hop on the scale.

I wish I had a bath tub and could take a bath in the morning..../jealous

I usually hop on everyday, sigh, hop off and keep going.

Although I like the weekly average idea that has popped up in this thread. I had never thought of that!
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Every Thursday morning. I skip my weigh in's during the week of TOM though :)
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month. It's not that important to me.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Most days, but not every day.

Then I plot it in excel and generate fun trend lines and statistics instead of paying attention to the daily variations.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks Saturday morning.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    daily - I have ISSUES :ohwell:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Most days, but not every day.

Then I plot it in excel and generate fun trend lines and statistics instead of paying attention to the daily variations.

yeah, i'm a graph and chart freak...
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I don't jump on it. Jumping on it may cause it break or become uncalibrated (if this is a word, I don't know...)

I weigh myself every 2 weeks. It gives me time to see a good difference without obsessing.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Every Monday for me.