mud run in november

Options
hi all -- i have my first mud run in 2 weeks, its gonna be cold. anyone have any recommendations on what i should wear? long sleeves? capris? i dont know!!

Replies

• cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I have my first one this Saturday, with Zombies chasing me :sick: , and will probably wear capris to help protect my knees from getting skinned up, maybe fun knee socks, trail shoes, and I haven't decided on a shirt yet. I'm thinking a tech running shirt instead of cotton so the mud won't weigh it down much, just have pick the sleeve length. Our time is 9am, so it won't be nearly as warm as afternoon.
  • cfredz
    Options
    bump. any other advice?
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Definitely keep your knees covered with capri's or pants- those mud pits are full of little rocks and they hurt! Wear close-fitting clothes, preferably poly/dryfit type fabrics, not cotton- when they get wet they get heavy, and if they're loose, it's annoying to have them flapping around, they can also chafe. The water/mud seems to slide off the poly type fabrics a bi better.

I'd go with capris with some knee highs- I'm short so I had double protection for my knees. Plus, if you get warm you can push down the socks. I'd probably go with a very fitted long sleeve long underwear or workout t; you can push the sleeves up if you want. Good luck, have fun!
  • cfredz
    Options
    Thank you! im nervous, ive never done an obstacle course like this before!