FAST FOOD addiction!!! HELP!!!!

I am having a problem with eating fast food. And its out of hand. For example I brought a lunch for work/school and I decided to go and buy lunch before work when clearly I brought a lunch. Anyone have some ideas on how to deal with this

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Are you packing lunches of food you like? Or do you bring things you don't really like but think you should eat?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    well lets see......
    NO MORE FAST FOOD FOR U!
    DO IT
    NOW!
  • Read Michael Pollan's book - the Omnivores Delimma - you will think about that fast food and what is actually contained in it in a WHOLE NEW WAY!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Make your own versions of fast food. You'll find it's better/healthier and more worth the calories. I frankly don't even get fast food anymore now, even when I get some for my kids.
  • taylan14
    taylan14 Posts: 34 Member
    Here is my advice - STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!! Decide what you like so much in the fast food world - and make your own healthier version - take THIS for lunch! It will add up :)
  • taylan14
    taylan14 Posts: 34 Member
    Ha! We posted the same idea within a minute of each other. Great minds think alike.
  • silver__shadow
    silver__shadow Posts: 11 Member
    Are you packing lunches of food you like? Or do you bring things you don't really like but think you should eat?
    no I bring food I like. I have lots of fruit I like along with healthy stuff. Really healthy. But it seems right after class I'll do arens before work and get fast food instead of reaching in my back pack and pull out the banana I packed for the cheese string. It is really depressing.
    Or the people at work always ask if I want to get anything to eat and even though I brought stuff I'll still get something. It is a never ending battle.

I want to lose the weight but I am making the wrong choices.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Stop doing it. There's no secret, you just stop it. If you can't stop it then you don't want this bad enough yet. When you do, it will happen.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Or, if you still decide to get fast food try to make a healthier choice, log it, and make it fit.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    don't take any money with you? Then you have to eat the stuff you brought instead of buying fast food.
  • Stop eating the fast food. Take a week off (tell yourself it is just a week!) and you will probably not crave it as much once you cut it out for a short time as long as you are replacing it with healthy fruits and vegetables.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    don't take any money with you? Then you have to eat the stuff you brought instead of buying fast food.

^this. the retail place i work at has a pizza hut cafe thing in it and at first I was getting pizza all the time. Now I dont bring any money with me so I cant and have to eat the food I brought.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Decide. Do. Commit. Take responsibility.

No one can do it for you. It's not "hard".

Or you could move to an Arctic community like mine where there are no restaurants.... but you would still be faced with convenience junk food in the store..... so decide and DO.
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    If you're trying to lose weight or get fit... eating Fast Food is not going to get you anywhere. I guess you just don't want it bad enough to stop eating junk.... when you're ready, you'll stop. Good luck.
  • Stop keeping extra money on you. Can't buy fast food with no money!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Or, if you still decide to get fast food try to make a healthier choice, log it, and make it fit.

I eat fast food all the time. You can make it work for you by making better choices if you just can't give up the convenience or the camaraderie of going out with your friends/coworkers. You'll see a bunch of responses about how fast food is bad for you, and it's definitely not as good as whole fresh foods, but it CAN work.
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    I had this problem.

Think about the health issues and money that it is costing you.

The hard part will be finding an extra 30 minutes to cook tomorrow's lunch the night before.

I started cooking a BUNCH of broccoli and chicken for the next day. It is fast. Just boil or bake, with seasonings, olive oil if you bake.

Calculate these calories and don't look back. It's 90% willpower to quit fast food.

Good luck.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    It might help to bring a real meal rather than healthy snacks. If you took time to prepare something, especially if it'll go bad soon and be wasted, you may be more inclined to eat it.
  • jensil2
    jensil2 Posts: 1 Member
    If its truly a behaviour you find difficult to stop.... the first thing you have to do is not be hard on yourself... take the time to write down the goal you have for losing weight ( BE VERY DETAILED and ask for help from a nutrionist if you want to get down to numbers that are healthy to lose) ...keep that goal with you everywhere you go ! ..... take each day one meal at a time.... take a few seconds before or near each meal to prepare yourself mentally by going over what you want to eat for that meal ( this can help avoid making snap decisions and if necessary take out your goals to review. ) ..... EACH time that you had a meal that wasn't fast food pat yourself on the back ( THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CHANGE THE WAY YOU FEEL ABOUT EATING MEALS and TO GIVE YOU CONFIDENCE ! ) ....no matter what if you do end up having some for any reason take a moment to admit it to yourself honestly but then take your goal sheet out and look at it and tell yourself that its ok ! there is the next meal that you can try again. Goals can be achieved and goals can be failed, what life is about is when we fail how easily can we get back up and try again! If this is important to you, trust yourself that at first it will be difficult but it will get easier with practice !
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    have no money or debit/credit cards on you

Doh' I see others who have already shared my brilliance