Options
pita7317
pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
Favorite recipe ? Thanks.

Replies

• AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Not entirely sure how healthy they are but my Mother-In-Law makes some that are just finger licking

Obviously you need to first boil the eggs, I then put them in cold water to cool them and separate the whites from the shells
    Cut the eggs in half, pulling the yolk out and putting into a separate bowl
    Leave the 1/2 whites on a plate to drain with Paper Towels
    Mash the yolks
    Add Mustard, Mayo & a touch of Apple Cider Vinegar
    Mix to taste
    Put back into whites, top with Paprika and Serve

They are Yummy!
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Thanks, a new idea I have never tried.
    My latest is feta cheese crumbles, lemon, Dijon, topped with asparagus tips.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My fav is made with a creamy mustard (gray poupon or Dijonnaise ) and Wasabi. ((Stupid me i paid $8 for Wasabi eggs at a resturant :( )

Kikkoman Wasabi Sauce
    http://www.kikkomanusa.com/homecooks/products/products_hc_details.php?pf=10522&fam=105
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Hard boil however many eggs you need, slice open and pop out the yolks into a food processor. Add a splash of apple cider vinegar (a little less than a tablespoon) and equal parts mayonnaise and low fat cottage cheese until it blends smooth. Fill hollowed whites and top with paprika, kalamata olives or candied bacon (1T brown sugar, 1t cinnamon, 1/4t cayenne pepper per 4 slices of bacon, baked in the oven at 400F on a wire rack until crisp).
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump... hoping the recipes will keep coming!
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    These wasabi deviled eggs are always a hit when I make them: http://www.marthastewart.com/315419/wasabi-deviled-eggs
  • April9393
    April9393 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I make my yolk mixture with mayonnaise, mustard and sweet pickle relish. Be sure to use old eggs, like a few weeks old eggs so that the eggs are easy to peel. If you can't do that, add some vinegar to the water that you are boiling the eggs in. The vinegar will soften the shells, making the eggs easier to peel.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Instead of topping with paprika, sprinkle on a little smoked cayenne pepper. Adds a nice kick. :)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I love deviled eggs... I make them the way my mom does.... a little mayo, relish, mustard, vinegar and a smidgen of sugar.
    My husband makes them on the savory side with stone ground mustard, hot sauce, a little mayo and some italian dressing.

I'm sure you'll get lots of good recipes on here, but don't let anyone on here try to pass off a recipe and attempt to fool you by telling you they can make deviled eggs out of cauliflower.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I don't use the yolks anymore...

HUMMUS :)
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    HATE HATE HATE mustard! Um did I mention I HATE mustard! LOL So MY deviled egg recipe is ranch dressing instead of mayo or whatever! And either paprika or chipotle or chili powder garnish. Oh yeah!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Seriously, one of my favorite foods ever! Mustard, mayo, salt, pepper and sometimes a dash of vinegar. Also, we make a lower calorie version using lighter calorie mayo, a few yolks, and gelatin to set the filling up and I honestly don't think I'd know the difference taste wise between a normal egg and the reduced calorie one.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Bump because I love deviled eggs :smile:
  • steffiewef
    steffiewef Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh good idea with the hummus! I've seen recipes on pinterest that use avocado instead of mayo. Has anyone tried that? Sounds perfect for an avocado lover such as myself.
  • LauriTerrell
    LauriTerrell Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    mix yolks with a bit of mayo, mustard and black pepper...top with...crumbled bacon of course! :bigsmile:
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump