Shopping Day! What foods do I NEED TO EAT TO BURN FAT???

Options
13»

Replies

• MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I don't think there are any foods that necessarily "burn fat". What's going to burn fat is exercising, primarily lifting weights, and burning calories to make a deficit.

Honestly no matter what you're eating, if you're over eating and not putting in the hard work in the gym, you're not going to lose fat.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to find a diet plan you feel you can stick with and buy foods that adhere to it. If you want to be raw, buy fruits and veggies. Vegan? Grains, fruits, veggies. Atkins? Meat, eggs, cheese....etc. None of the above? Low calorie snacks. :)

No.. Your best bet is to eat foods you like.. practice portion control and make sure you exercise and eat at a deficit.

Plus, Vegan/Vegetarian is generally a lifestyle not a diet. -

Oh, my bad. I thought that diet:
    "the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community /habitually eats/."
    "a /special course of food/ to which one restricts oneself, either to lose weight or for medical reasons."
    "restrict oneself to small amounts or /special kinds of food/ in order to lose weight."

Also included veganism and vegetarians. What the hell was I thinking. Just because one elects to eat a vegan or vegetarian diet does NOT mean they "live the lifestyle" of a stereotypical vegan or vegetarian. In fact, I'd say MOST don't fill some kind of fantasy that people like to build around them of pep ralleys and PETA movements. I'm vegan; I have leather everywhere. I don't cry for cows and protest bacon. I cook bacon regularly for my pals. :)

Also note where I said "none of the above", "low calorie snacks" and "something you can stick with" which pretty much sums up exactly what you said. ;)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Rainbow unicorn poo. It is the only thing that burns fat. For realz!!

This...and beer.

Seriously, eat what you want in moderation and work out.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Make sure it's edible
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Lots of vegetables. I stay out of the middle of the store where all the processed foods are

lol, I never noticed but you're right. Nearly every grocery store I've been to DOES keep the good stuff on the sides!

But the spices and brown rice are in the middle!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to find a diet plan you feel you can stick with and buy foods that adhere to it. If you want to be raw, buy fruits and veggies. Vegan? Grains, fruits, veggies. Atkins? Meat, eggs, cheese....etc. None of the above? Low calorie snacks. :)

No.. Your best bet is to eat foods you like.. practice portion control and make sure you exercise and eat at a deficit.

Plus, Vegan/Vegetarian is generally a lifestyle not a diet. -

Oh, my bad. I thought that diet:
    "the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community /habitually eats/."
    "a /special course of food/ to which one restricts oneself, either to lose weight or for medical reasons."
    "restrict oneself to small amounts or /special kinds of food/ in order to lose weight."

Also included veganism and vegetarians. What the hell was I thinking. Just because one elects to eat a vegan or vegetarian diet does NOT mean they "live the lifestyle" of a stereotypical vegan or vegetarian. In fact, I'd say MOST don't fill some kind of fantasy that people like to build around them of pep ralleys and PETA movements. I'm vegan; I have leather everywhere. I don't cry for cows and protest bacon. I cook bacon regularly for my pals. :)

Also note where I said "none of the above", "low calorie snacks" and "something you can stick with" which pretty much sums up exactly what you said. ;)

Someone needs some chocolate.. :~p
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    How about some nice, fresh tapeworms? Not sure if you can get them at your local grocery store, but I'd bet they would be awesome little fatburners!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    J5TtdKY.jpg?1

Not sure about burning fat (I thought I just ate less for that) but these foods do cause intense feelings of happiness.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I want to know... what foods do I NEED to have to burn fat????

None. Buy none food.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    If you are truly aware that you can't spot reduce, why are you still asking about foods that burn belly fat? Secret: They don't exist.

And there aren't any foods that will burn ANY fat--it's more of what you DON'T eat than what you do that will aide in fat loss.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    LinkedIn_logo_v2.png
    to learn how to circumvent physics.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    One of everything.

OK - two of everything.
  • PeterCohenUK
    Options
    Lemon juice. It cleanses fat cells.

Give me five! lol
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit..
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Today's the day!!!

SHOPPING DAY!!!

I've had enough of looking in the cupboard and seeing JUNK!!

I'm going to do a massive shop but..... what do I get???

I want to know... what foods do I NEED to have to burn fat???? (specifically stomach fat ((I'm aware you can't target burn))

Even just small foods that you put on your cereal or on your sandwich :)

What would YOU buy????

Thanks MFP !!!

You are aware you can't "target burn", but still want to have a list of foods that will "target burn" your stomach fat away?

Ain't going to happen.

Although I do applaud you for trying to eat healthier.

I'd say go get a "healthy" cook book, find some recipes you like, and THEN go shopping. That way, you will know what to buy!

And keep the junk - you can still fit it in occasionally. No need to waste food.

Exactly this. Just eat at a deficit!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    ALL THE FOODS.

No, ok, seriously... I recommend animal proteins. The faster the animal, the better.
    Chasing them down to eat them = major calorie burn. That gut will be gone in no time! :drinker:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Rainbow unicorn poo. It is the only thing that burns fat. For realz!!

But only if the unicorn pooped standing on it's front feet exactly at two minutes after midnight on a blue moon. Any other unicorn poop is a rip-off for the money you pay .
  • millionairesstv
    millionairesstv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    pineapple
    hot chilli peppers
    cauliflower
    Brocoli
    sweet peppers
    protein through chicken/turkey
    Breakfast porrige oats
    hot water and a slice of lemon

p.s dont forget exercises a good one to work all over including your target area is the shoulder press squat look it up on utube you will need dumbbells

hope this helps
  • JorisSt
    Options
    If you train intensive, you can buy egg white and carbohydrate products. (natural of supplements).

If you dont do workout and you dont burn calories, just eat low fat, low sugar, low carbohydrates, many vegetables, fruit, ... thats the only way you can lose weight.

Joris S.
    weightloss-tips.eu
  • _silverr21
    Options
    I'm going to assume you know you need a calorie deficit and really just want to know about good quality food that will keep you full, give you energy to exercise, etc.

Brown rice, beans, legumes, vegetables and smaller portions of nuts, seeds and healthy fats like avocado.

If you make these your staples, you will feel great and have lots of energy, and be able to eat a good amount compared to if you were having your allowed calorie intake of processed foods.

Good luck!