I ate 1000 calories for dinner!!!

Options
I ate restaurant take-out for dinner today. It was a Chinese-style bento kind of thing (not American Chinese though) and basically it had meat (I had a little fish and fatty pork), white rice, cabbages, dark green leafy veg, aubergine, seaweed ALL COOKED IN OIL. That's not bad, but I ALSO HAD toast + peanut butter + banana before this. I didn't realize that what I ate ranged from 800-1000 calories! PLEASE WHAT DO I DO? I am freaking out so much. And don't say 'it's good to have a cheat meal every now and then.' I am freaking out because for the past 2 weeks I've been splurging a lot and I have pretty much gained weight.

After this meal, I am 1kg heavier, putting me at a new milestone. I know that this is water & food weight but I have splurged as badly before and yet I was never this heavy. It honestly freaks me out so much. How do I even make up for this? I feel awfully discouraged...

Replies

• lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Make better choices tomorrow, drink lots of water and up your exercise.

That's all you can do

For what it's worth I don't think your choices were bad, but you didn't need to have the pb toast before dinner obv.
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My evening meals quite often get upto 1,000 calories.... so without knowing what your daily caolrie goal is and knowing what else you ate, i'm kinda failing to see the issue!
  • 1aurelle
    Options
    My evening meals quite often get upto 1,000 calories.... so without knowing what your daily caolrie goal is and knowing what else you ate, i'm kinda failing to see the issue!

I am 400-600 cals over my maintenance... I've gotten used to eating 400 cals below my maintenance though.....
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you're probably not 18 yet.

Honestly when you're young, move your *kitten* more if you're gaining weight. You need food to grow. Exercise will only benefit your health and having such an unhealthy relationship with calories ALREADY is going to **** you over for many years if you let it continue.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My evening meal is usually 800-1000 cals...

presumably from your post this is more than fits in your calorie goal? if so then stop eating so much... sound harsh but you only lose weight by being in a calorie deficit...

go to the gym and burn some cals... i only work out so i can eat more!

look at your weekly goal, it doesnt matter if you are over one day if you are a little under another as long as you have hit your goal at the end of the week!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!
    Maybe I'll have that tonight (-the meat)
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So eat 400 cals less tomorrow or go do some exercise....

OR deal with it and eat normally for the rest of the week.

Problem solved.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I love this kind of funny posts!!!!

Yeah, this. I ate well over 5,000 calories in a day last week. The next day I had dinner which was about 2,000 calories. A typical meal for me when I've worked out will be up to, or exceeding 1,000 calories, and I'm on 1,500 a day.

Didn't cry over it. Life happens, I'm afraid. Learn to moderate. Learn to not freak out. Learn to move on from it. Learn to not do it in the first place if you are going to end up worrying so much.
  • wingchungym
    Options
    Don't worry, move on do better another day. The force strong in you it is!!!

Worry leads to anger
    Anger leads to self hate
    Self Hate leads to the DARK SIDE
  • mcibty
    Options
    Don't worry, move on do better another day. The force strong in you it is!!!

Worry leads to anger
    Anger leads to self hate
    Self Hate leads to the DARK SIDE

Avoid this, one must.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    only 1k? lightweight.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    After this meal, I am 1kg heavier, putting me at a new milestone. I know that this is water & food weight but I have splurged as badly before and yet I was never this heavy. It honestly freaks me out so much. How do I even make up for this? I feel awfully discouraged...

Just to add to the fun, in order for you to gain 1kg just from this meal, you would have had to be 7700 calories over your maintenance.

I would bet you money you cant eat that much in one sitting.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you burned a good chunk of those calories off freaking out and making this thread. :smile: Chill. Exercise. Do better tomorrow. You're good.
  • mirandabirkle
    mirandabirkle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How about since you feel so guilty, from this day on that you really try to consume the amount of calories suggested instead of caving in for cravings? I know it is hard, you want to eat everything that you used to but you signed up to MFP for a reason... You aren't happy with some aspect of your body, so change it! Only you can make the change in yourself you want to see. We cant do that for you or give you a magic solution, but what we can do is discourage you from making those choices again and follow what I know you know to do and eat either smaller portions or under your calorie range. A good workout can go a long way and make you feel really motivated to keep going. Hope this helps and good luck! :)
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My dinners usually come in around 700-1000 cals. Don't worry about it.
    Plan ahead, budget your calories.

Remember that restaurants are not in business to sell nutrition they sell FOOD that taste good/great.
  • mcibty
    Options
    User deactivated.

Meanies!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    User deactivated.

Meanies!

lol, and I was just thinking that we were all being so well behaved at toning down our usual sarcasm and tomfoolery in this thread. Not a gif in sight! :laugh:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    User deactivated.

Meanies!

lol, and I was just thinking that we were all being so well behaved at toning down our usual sarcasm and tomfoolery in this thread. Not a gif in sight! :laugh:

^^^this.
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead, when you are eating out. Stuff will happen. It's really hard not to land on a calorie bomb when going out to dinner. So, try to moderate the rest of your day and accept the hit.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Look... calm down.

Unless you want to go burn 1000 calories, there really isn't anything you can do. Successful weight loss strategies occur before you ever put the food in your mouth. You can't do anything to change the past, but you can prevent yourself from making these mistakes in the future by planning your meals.

Weight loss isn't linear. It's not a single instance of consumption that causes you to gain weight. It's the pattern of consumption. So stop stressing about this one meal, and start working at a plan to adjust your pattern of consumption.