Options

Replies

• lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just wow... :laugh: :noway:
  • mstukofski
    Options
    Like someone else said eat less tomorrow and put the 'dinner monster' behind you. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • nyc1man
    Options
    First relax, Second I find myself cheating all the time also. I love this App because under the Nutrition tab i get the total of calories per week and I find if i get close to that number by Sunday. Hope this helps keep trying.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    User deactivated.

Troll
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I eat 2100 regularly for breakfast/post workout...youll get used to it :D
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    User deactivated.

Troll

damn they got meh!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I ate restaurant take-out for dinner today. It was a Chinese-style bento kind of thing (not American Chinese though) and basically it had meat (I had a little fish and fatty pork), white rice, cabbages, dark green leafy veg, aubergine, seaweed ALL COOKED IN OIL. That's not bad, but I ALSO HAD toast + peanut butter + banana before this. I didn't realize that what I ate ranged from 800-1000 calories! PLEASE WHAT DO I DO? I am freaking out so much. And don't say 'it's good to have a cheat meal every now and then.' I am freaking out because for the past 2 weeks I've been splurging a lot and I have pretty much gained weight.

After this meal, I am 1kg heavier, putting me at a new milestone. I know that this is water & food weight but I have splurged as badly before and yet I was never this heavy. It honestly freaks me out so much. How do I even make up for this? I feel awfully discouraged...

1kg=2.2lbs.

Calorically, 2.2x3600= about 7900 calories. Did you really overeat almost 8 THOUSAND calories to be turned into fat? Doubtful. It was probably really high in sodium, triggering water retention.

Go lift heavy things and run around. Worry less about how many calories you eat; just make sure to burn them off.
  • kardeebee
    kardeebee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're just going to have to work harder exercising to make up for this splurge. And keep that in mind next time that if you really want to eat something like that, you do need to make up for it someplace. Good luck......
  • kardeebee
    kardeebee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Here's another thought..... Why not make up your day's menu ahead of time? Be sure you fall into your allowed calories. Then when you want to add something throughout the day that you did not pre-plan, you will have to eliminate something to make up the difference. Kind of like sticking to a budget!!!
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wellll... number one, QUIT STRESSING! After all, ya can't give it back! (Oh no one here better be purging! We will find you and kick your butt!) Tomorrow is always a new day! Can't tell ya how many times I've overeaten my cals in the last month! Just yesterday I ate like over 1000 cals for lunch (coworkers birthday so other coworker got everyone subway - um even WITHOUT bread a footlong meatball is like over 800 cals, and the cookies are like 200 apiece! I SWORE I would never eat their cookies again but yeah never say never!) So I came home, calculated the damage, and did enough of a workout to burn off the extra cals...actually lost a pound from yesterday to today! But this is after almost 2 weeks with no movement, and wt fluctuations of like as much as a 2 lb increase! All you can do is to go forward from here...but don't stress too much! You will be causing "fight or flight" response and some MFPers may say it's bunk but I know for certain it happens to me when I'm hyper stressed, I gain weight! SO relax, know that all of us do it now and then, and consider are you living to eat or eating to live? I eat to live, and in my opinion you haven't lived until you've eaten a meatball marinara with chipotle southwest dressing! LOL I may be more conscious in the future, though and even if it costs more I will just get the 6" version. And none of those dang cookies! I'd rather have my chili chocolate anyway, and could have 4 squares for the cal count on that cookie! Cheer up, carry on, maybe consider why you have been overeating lately...I eat more when it gets really cold (well I used to). As long as you get back on track and make forward progress, it'll work out in the end! When you reach your target weight, people will go WOW look at you! Not WOW if you hadnta eaten the Chinese food back in November, you woulda been skinnier quicker! LOL
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Here's another thought..... Why not make up your day's menu ahead of time? Be sure you fall into your allowed calories. Then when you want to add something throughout the day that you did not pre-plan, you will have to eliminate something to make up the difference. Kind of like sticking to a budget!!!

Yeah now THIS is my survive turkey day without overeating strategy! Will be the first turkey day I don't GAIN weight!
  • rosemary98
    Options
    My evening meals quite often get upto 1,000 calories.... so without knowing what your daily caolrie goal is and knowing what else you ate, i'm kinda failing to see the issue!

I am 400-600 cals over my maintenance... I've gotten used to eating 400 cals below my maintenance though.....

one day of eating 600 calories over maintenance means nothing. once any water retention (likely the meal was high in sodium) and the waste passes...i doubt you will see any changes on the scale. if you do...it will be normal fluctuations.
  • NaoyukiTai
    NaoyukiTai Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I ate restaurant take-out for dinner today. It was a Chinese-style bento kind of thing (not American Chinese though) and basically it had meat (I had a little fish and fatty pork), white rice, cabbages, dark green leafy veg, aubergine, seaweed ALL COOKED IN OIL. That's not bad, but I ALSO HAD toast + peanut butter + banana before this. I didn't realize that what I ate ranged from 800-1000 calories! PLEASE WHAT DO I DO? I am freaking out so much. And don't say 'it's good to have a cheat meal every now and then.' I am freaking out because for the past 2 weeks I've been splurging a lot and I have pretty much gained weight.

After this meal, I am 1kg heavier, putting me at a new milestone. I know that this is water & food weight but I have splurged as badly before and yet I was never this heavy. It honestly freaks me out so much. How do I even make up for this? I feel awfully discouraged...

A. Put the science on your side. 1000cals = 0.128Kg. It's not possible to gain 1Kg.
    B. Restaurant food is salty. The rest of weight is mostly water weight.
    C. Most important thing is, enjoy the food. Get back to good diet. Keep working on the workouts.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Stop wasting your time writing paragraphs of serious responses. OP already deactivated his/her account!
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    User deactivated.

Meanies!

Wow, Kinda like you murdered the OP?
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    WOW, people are still seriously answering this post .....LOL.... user DEACTIVATED .......lol.....
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day - make better choices. Only you can control yourself and make decisions about what goes into your mouth. That's what my therapist says, anyway :blushing:
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    WOW, people are still seriously answering this post .....LOL.... user DEACTIVATED .......lol.....
    Wait! Didn't YOU just post here too? :tongue:
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    User deactivated.

Troll
    Could have stayed around a bit longer so we could have some fun.... :noway:
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I love this kind of funny posts!!!!
    Ditto....wait til a 6 week plateau comes...oye