TINY TEA (your tea) PLEASE HELP!

Options
tessi1993
tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
hey guys, has anyone tried your tea? http://www.yourtea.com.au/collections/teatox-shop

im considering it, im just wondering about results of people.
also, below i have copied from the website, do you think this is ligit?

help really appreciated!

thanks

How to be kind to your digestive system:
Let us strip things back to basics here. Your digestive system processes the food you put in it... but what if that system doesn't work properly? Well - this can lead to the following issues; fat storage, trapped toxins, upset stomach, decreased energy levels, loss of skin health... the list goes on.There are a few simple things you can do to help your system by starting where it all began... food. Here are some 'yes' foods and some 'no' foods. Yes = easy to digest, soft on the belly. No = will leave you with an angry stomach!

YES

* Porridge (organic)

* Eggs

* Rye bread (toasted)

* Steel cut oats

* Quinoa

* Pumpernickel bread

* Natural Yoghurt

* Walnuts

* Beans (kidney, red, black and bertoli)

* White rice

* Polenta (great as a porridge)

* Stews

* Soups

* Green leafy vegetables (cooked)

* Roasted pumpkin

NO

* raw fruits and vegetables

* salads

* cold water

* peppermint tea

* cereal

* apples

* energy drinks

* rich, oily fried foods

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'd say no to anything that told me I couldn't drink water and eat fruits/veggies.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Did it just try and tell me salad is bad for my stomach?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    F**K off then!
    i'm much too tired to even try understanding what you're talking about

I'm gonna have to agree.

I'm not even that tired but I'm not willing to try and figure out what this post is about... Detox tea or something? Just say no.

Uh...The post was kinda confusing? And generally the stance on MFP is no to anything promising weight loss by drinking or eating them. Or those that say healthy foods are to be avoided.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Herbal teas can be great for helping settle the stomach and could probably aid digestion. I wouldn't expect them to cleanse or detoxify you, your body does a great job of doing that on it's own. I also wouldn't expect any great miracle weight loss properties. These products seem kind of over-priced especially for tea bags.

Drink tea if you enjoy it and like they way it makes you feel but don't expect a miracle. Invest in some good loose leaf tea.
  • tessi1993
    Options
    THANK YOU!

its nice to no not everyone on here is so rude!!
    yes its a 28 day detox and gets rid of bloat and your not meant to eat the foods under no for the 28 days, but considering there mostly great foods like fruit and veggies made me think twice.

what do you think?
    Herbal teas can be great for helping settle the stomach and could probably aid digestion. I wouldn't expect them to cleanse or detoxify you, your body does a great job of doing that on it's own. I also wouldn't expect any great miracle weight loss properties. These products seem kind of over-priced especially for tea bags.

Drink tea if you enjoy it and like they way it makes you feel but don't expect a miracle. Invest in some good loose leaf tea.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    did this **** actually tell me to f off? ... bwahahaha
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Why would you believe something will help you when it's telling you cold water, raw fruits and vegetables and salads are bad for you?

Ditch this crap and focus on healthy eating. There is no need to detox your body as it naturally does it on it's own. Fat storage happens when you eat too much and don't move enough... your body will not "trap toxins". Beans for example are harder for the body to digest than cold water or a salad. Not sure who would of written the description you posted however none of it makes any sense at all and if people try their product because of those stupid claims... doesn't make them look very smart.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    you people are so rude, seriously?
    im not telling you what to do, im simply asking what you think.
    my friends on here are so supportive, you people are horrible!!!

People are telling you what they think. Something saying a salad is wrong to eat or it's bad to eat fruits and vegetables raw is a load of crap. No need to be rude to others because they aren't supporting what you wanted.
  • tessi1993
    Options
    Hi,

thanks for your advise.
    im not trying to be rude. its not what "i wanted" which is why i posted this to find out if i should do it i was looking for advise, not people telling me there too tired to read my post.. why bother commenting?

i posted this fourm to ask if it was bad idea BECAUSE it is telling me not to eat fruit veggies etc, and i thought that was weird.
    not for a bunch of people to day im telling them not to eat a salad, thats not what i was saying at all.

i love this site, and i have a load of supportive friends, i dont need to be told people are to tired to understand my post. thats awesome, dont read it dont comment.

geeeez louiiiise
  • tessi1993
    Options
    thank you, i thought so to.
    not gunna try it haha
    I'd say no to anything that told me I couldn't drink water and eat fruits/veggies.
  • tessi1993
    Options
    oh and i got a lovely message from a lady who explained the dangers of tea detoxes etc.
    thats all i was after :)
  • motivation2172
    Options
    I actually have used Tiny Tea twice. The nutritional guidelines are obviously optional. Their theory is simply that warmer foods are easier to digest. I'm not sure whether that's completely true but it does make sense if you've done your research. I really liked Tiny Tea mainly because no one can deny the health benefits of herbal tea. Per usual, I kept up on my exercise and eating clean and that combination helped me achieve -10lbs over the course of about a month maybe 5 weeks. I'm not saying buy it or buy into the idea behind it, but they request you drink the tea a half an hour prior to eating and like it or not, it does keep you conscious of what you're eating, when you're eating and portion sizes. If nothing else, it kept me aware of every single thing that I was doing for myself throughout the day when normally I, personally, wouldn't have been so in tune with my habits. This is only my experience. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do it. I like it because it personally helped me get organized with my healthy eating and exercising. Those with negative comments about them saying "don't eat salads or raw fruits/veggies" are somewhat missing the point here ... just like every other program that claims its own theories, this is their theory. And it has worked for many people. So let's curb the negativity.

"From a Western sense, our bodies digest food at 37 degrees. So when we consume raw and uncooked foods, not only does it have work like madness to digest, but it first has to get the temperature of the food up to 37 before it can effectively deal with it. So consuming warm foods makes digestion is much more efficient. Sugar is also avoided as it is rapidly converted and stored as fat. You will notice uncooked fruit is on the out list as it is not only high in sugar but also raw which again leads to weight gain"
  • krebsi
    krebsi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i am on this tea right now and it is great.

as said before, the food on the list are suggestions not a must. also drinking warm wate rather than cold, i thought that would be common sense. i can, however recommend this tea. it does not make you feel ill or anything like this, it only helps to tidy up your insides a little bit without nasty side symtoms. (like many other detox teas)
    i havent lost weight but i do feel more energetic and my skin looks much better. My mum on the other hand is over the moon. She loves this tea. she lost some weight and has much more energy, in fact she just feels better.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    There is no tea out there that will burn fat, boost your metabolism, cleanse you, or help you lose weight. tea is great for you, don't get me wrong. But I think they seriously over-exaggerate the "benefits" of this tea.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I actually have used Tiny Tea twice. The nutritional guidelines are obviously optional. Their theory is simply that warmer foods are easier to digest. I'm not sure whether that's completely true but it does make sense if you've done your research. I really liked Tiny Tea mainly because no one can deny the health benefits of herbal tea. Per usual, I kept up on my exercise and eating clean and that combination helped me achieve -10lbs over the course of about a month maybe 5 weeks. I'm not saying buy it or buy into the idea behind it, but they request you drink the tea a half an hour prior to eating and like it or not, it does keep you conscious of what you're eating, when you're eating and portion sizes. If nothing else, it kept me aware of every single thing that I was doing for myself throughout the day when normally I, personally, wouldn't have been so in tune with my habits. This is only my experience. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do it. I like it because it personally helped me get organized with my healthy eating and exercising. Those with negative comments about them saying "don't eat salads or raw fruits/veggies" are somewhat missing the point here ... just like every other program that claims its own theories, this is their theory. And it has worked for many people. So let's curb the negativity.

"From a Western sense, our bodies digest food at 37 degrees. So when we consume raw and uncooked foods, not only does it have work like madness to digest, but it first has to get the temperature of the food up to 37 before it can effectively deal with it. So consuming warm foods makes digestion is much more efficient. Sugar is also avoided as it is rapidly converted and stored as fat. You will notice uncooked fruit is on the out list as it is not only high in sugar but also raw which again leads to weight gain"

coz.gif
  • hotfitmomma2b
    hotfitmomma2b Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i drink it but i dont follow their meal plan.
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Personally, it seems a tad bit expensive. I drink a lot of green tea (usually hot). I love it and it's around $3.00 a box. :flowerforyou: I was reading through the meal plan.. I would *die* without water. That was a red flag for me. But I'm weird and like the taste of just plain water. :drinker: good luck :smile:
  • krebsi
    krebsi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Personally, it seems a tad bit expensive. I drink a lot of green tea (usually hot). I love it and it's around $3.00 a box. :flowerforyou: I was reading through the meal plan.. I would *die* without water. That was a red flag for me. But I'm weird and like the taste of just plain water. :drinker: good luck :smile:

it isnt cheap that is correct but it is worth it. i dont follow their meal plan either and in regards to water, they say no "cold water"
    obviously the body has more to work on to heat up some cold water than water which has the body temp already, thats all.
  • GrapeEyes
    GrapeEyes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking this tea for about 3 weeks and it really helps with digestion and bloating. It is not a weight loss tea. It has been reported to help assist in weight loss because the digestive system is working better but this is not what the teas intention is.

You can drink water... obviously. They recommend not drinking cold water.. and if you look up the effects of drinking warm vs. cold water, -you will quickly find that drinking warm water is much better for the body.

And if you calculate it, it is just over $1.25(CAD) per tea bag... cheaper than most individual teas at a coffee shop plus you're getting health benefits.

I have noticed a significant increase in metabolism, and a decrease in bloating. I have been drinking 2-3 tea bags/day although you're supposed to drink 3 every day.

I actually love having this tea and highly recommend it.

The only down side is the funny taste. I call it "stinky basement tea" or "hippie tea" LOL.:drinker:
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking this tea for about 3 weeks and it really helps with digestion and bloating. It is not a weight loss tea. It has been reported to help assist in weight loss because the digestive system is working better but this is not what the teas intention is.

You can drink water... obviously. They recommend not drinking cold water.. and if you look up the effects of drinking warm vs. cold water, -you will quickly find that drinking warm water is much better for the body.

And if you calculate it, it is just over $1.25(CAD) per tea bag... cheaper than most individual teas at a coffee shop plus you're getting health benefits.

I have noticed a significant increase in metabolism, and a decrease in bloating. I have been drinking 2-3 tea bags/day although you're supposed to drink 3 every day.

I actually love having this tea and highly recommend it.

The only down side is the funny taste. I call it "stinky basement tea" or "hippie tea" LOL.:drinker:

Seriously?