bmr tdee - work out

Options
Could someone on here work out my bmr and tdee.

I.e tell me how many calories I shoukd be eating. I read loads of posts etc but just dont get it.

female
39 eeekkk
5ft 2in
142 pounds

I workout but not much. Kettlebells once per week. Pilates once per week and then a home exercise routine so 3x per week.
I do walk but not enough to put it

Thankyou to whoever can help

Replies

• Bugsgettingfit
    Bugsgettingfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    IIFYM.com: Use the calculator :-) It will tell you everything!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It's rather easy! You go to this site:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Pop in your stats (don't worry about the body fat if you don't know yours)
    Say how much you wanna lose (i suggest between 20% and 10% depending on how much you have to lose)
    And voila it tells you your bmr, tdee and how much you should eat :)

Repeat once you have lost more than 5lb or your workout routine changes
    (you don't eat back the calories you burn with this method)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Using the IIFYM calculator there are two results that came out (which are calculated based on different formulae):

TDEE 1751 or 1899

BMR 1381 or 1274

Obviously they are just estimates so it takes trial and error to find out which level is right for you. To lose weight eat less than your TDEE. To maintain weight eat at your TDEE. To gain weight eat above TDEE.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Using the IIFYM calculator there are two results that came out (which are calculated based on different formulae):

TDEE 1751 or 1899

BMR 1381 or 1274

Obviously they are just estimates so it takes trial and error to find out which level is right for you. To lose weight eat less than your TDEE. To maintain weight eat at your TDEE. To gain weight eat above TDEE.

thanks. Do I eat back exercise cals?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

TDEE 1751 or 1899

BMR 1381 or 1274

Your exercise is already factored into the calculation so you do not need to eat them back. If you start doing more or less exercise you'll need to recalculate accordingly.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

TDEE 1751 or 1899

BMR 1381 or 1274

Thank you for your help x

Your exercise is already factored into the calculation so you do not need to eat them back. If you start doing more or less exercise you'll need to recalculate accordingly.