365 days...1 year...a new me!

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your year, and the new YOU! Beautiful woman with a beautiful attitude. :heart:

I need to look at your video tomorrow, when I have working speakers.

Thank you, girl!! And beware...it's twangy, ya'll!!!:laugh:

I used to be twangy myself! I'm sure it's great. :happy:
  • cbmae
    cbmae Posts: 19
    Options
    Gorgeous! Love the smile on your face in the working out picture!
  • Toshad84
    Toshad84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow very inspirational!! keep it up!! very encouraging!!!
  • Toshad84
    Toshad84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! :smile:
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    What you've done is not an easy achievement. Your before pictures are beautiful and your after pictures are too with a side of healthy. I love what you've done with your hair. Beautiful inside and out. Go you!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Dang, that's some twang! :wink: I didn't realize that was why you cut your hair, but I love it! :heart:
  • queasy
    queasy Posts: 28
    Options
    absolutely inspirational and incredible!!You have come so far congratulations!!!
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! You are so inspirational...FR sent! :)
    (I can't wait to be able to cross my legs...btw!)
  • enkmom
    enkmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WOW is all I can say! You are one hot smokin inspiration!
  • christykirby
    christykirby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Such an inspiring story and so cool about your hair! Hope you don't mind if I send you a friend request...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    excellent job. keep it up!!
  • LaurenLaurenBoBauren
    Options
    Congratulations!! You should be absolutely bursting with pride! I've got a long way to go and seeing stories like yours really helps keep me motivated and have faith that these goals ARE attainable! You look great!:smile:
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You should be absolutely bursting with pride! I've got a long way to go and seeing stories like yours really helps keep me motivated and have faith that these goals ARE attainable! You look great!:smile:

Thank you so much!! They ARE attainable!! :))
  • lulu76164
    lulu76164 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE WE ARE PROUD OF YOU! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK HUN! XOXO
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! You are beautiful!!!!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look fantastic!!!
  • Jenifer_Duron
    Options
    So my gym asked me to write a success story so they could post it for all to see. To say it was an honor would be a total understatement. Take a minute to read what I submitted, if you will.

One year. 365 days. Each day, one step closer to my goal. I’ve “dieted” my whole life, basically. But this time was different. My mind was in it. My heart was in it. I was doing it this time. I was changing my life. I was tired of not being able to fit in booths or rides and having to tell my son he could not do something because of my own fears and insecurities. Well, I have done it. I AM doing it. One year of consistently logging my food and holding myself accountable for my choices. Last year, I entered my very first Zumba class VERY overweight, out of breath and clumsy feeling, but I left knowing this was an exercise I could do and one that I wanted to do. One that I enjoyed, which I never thought it was possible to ENJOY an exercise. That makes all the difference in the world. In this past year, I have done Zumba on a regular basis, usually 3-4 times a week. I have even branched out of my now “comfort zone” of Zumba and tried other classes. I’ve tried Piloxing, done an Insanity boot camp, completed a few 5K’s, planked, squatted, burpee’d, hula-hooped and more. Me, yes, ME! I have pushed my body to the limits and there has been lots of sweat and yes, tears, too. But never once this past year have I thought about giving up. In years past, if the scale was up any after I felt I had worked so hard and eaten so well I would just give up and go back to my old ways. I am determined to do this and I will get to my goal. I have made friends who share some of the same goals as me, and for them, I am so thankful! My constant encouragers, support system and the ones who call me an inspiration make this journey so much easier for me. I have confidence that I never had before. I’ve included a few pictures of me then, during and now. My total weight loss since 2011 is 128 lbs., with 95 of those pounds lost over the past year. Once you get your mind fully into something, the rest will just fall into place. Don’t give up. You are worth it and so am I.

So, yeah. This past year has had its fair share of ups, downs, good days and bad days. But I have stuck with it and I WILL get to my goal whenever and whatever that might be. And for all of my friends reading this, my big news (to me) will be revealed in my video at the bottom. Just copy and paste the link below. Hope you like it....I did it for YOU!! Thank you all so much!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Now, for the pictures, because that is what everyone wants to see anyways...am I right? :wink:

5074a8df-6436-4899-90f3-0876eac59acd_zpsc34b2acc.jpg

fe34480e-c255-42ff-818a-1dbcf7b0fd7d_zps68d6a162.jpg

MFP7_zps98a120c4.jpg

TRIO_zps985c9a15.jpg

TRIOGLOW_zps419092da.jpg

MFP8_zps9e7d4293.jpg

Zumba111_zps0d268994.jpg

RobinRun5K_zps3a95ec22.jpg

I CAN cross my legs now...EEK!!! See:
    crossedlegs_zpsc74b0342.jpg

BC_zps5b01a189.jpg

HSR_zpsce066034.jpg

HSR1_zps0765cfe7.jpg

GNORaleigh2_zps163eced4.jpg

MFP2_zps6a4ced24.jpg

MFP1_zps44c6c635.jpg

MFP6_zpsc31c04b1.jpg

And one last one of me tonight....

100_8436_zps7ff687ff.jpg

Ok, friendsies...check out the video!!~~~> http://youtu.be/jZ1poNV5pt0

Very impressive! You are totally worth it! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • DreaNew
    Options
    Thank you for your courage and perseverance. You really are an inspiration. This is my second day using MFP, so I'm really glad I saw your post.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Dear OP: You were gorgeous in the beginning...now you are just a darling! I saw your video and loved the accent. I'm a Texas gal myself, so I speak your language! Where are you from? Sounded a lot like Texas.....

Keep on rocking! You look amazing!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Dear OP: You were gorgeous in the beginning...now you are just a darling! I saw your video and loved the accent. I'm a Texas gal myself, so I speak your language! Where are you from? Sounded a lot like Texas.....

Keep on rocking! You look amazing!

Haha!! North Carolina!! And thank you! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!