Are you naked...

Options
.....when you weigh yourself? It's pretty stressful to stand on the scale when you are alone and then when on a public scale (Dr's, gym, school?)... I don't know if it's wrong to weigh "just me" or if I should always weigh myself with clothing on to be closer to the weight when out & about. Any suggestions? Is there a right way, right time? right scale? to use when weighing self? Should I have a scale that also determines BMI?

Geesh, this is all so complicated. Just wanted thoughts on the best weigh to weigh self.. Clothes? No clothes? Which is more honest and best?

Replies

• ThePhatMan
    Options
    Clothes off, same time every week or every month.
  • fletchbaby
    fletchbaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning when I get up after I go to the bathroom naked:embarassed: ...only and always naked because clothes can put on a couple extra pounds and your always lightess in the morning..
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree...you are always lightest in the morning. Always naked...all clothes weigh different amounts and it will be the most accurate when naked...no room for second guessing!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    BUTT NEKKID! Friday morning, second thing i do. Scale in the same spot on the bathroom floor.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the previous commenter.

In the morning, after using the bathroom, before eating, wearing nothing but your bday suit is the best way to get your "true weight."

P.S. I don't like getting on the scales at the Dr.s either because with clothes and having eaten/drunken recently I can fluctuate 5lbs or more :-)

-Chancy
  • Lugenna
    Lugenna Posts: 28
    Options
    Girl, I know.. I always say, "Can I just tell you please?" :)
  • Lugenna
    Options
    Thanks, I was thinking "just me" was perfect to weigh myself.. Wish the doctors would just take our word..... LOL!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I would agree with the previous commenter.

In the morning, after using the bathroom, before eating, wearing nothing but your bday suit is the best way to get your "true weight."

P.S. I don't like getting on the scales at the Dr.s either because with clothes and having eaten/drunken recently I can fluctuate 5lbs or more :-)

-Chancy

def agree!!!
  • eabrown1
    Options
    I've never thought about this before! I've never weighed myself naked, and the thought that others might had never occured to me....until now. And I'm seemingly in the minority.
    I don't own a scale so I use the gym scale (although, when i did own a scale I still always wore clothes). It's not in the locker rooms, but inbetween the doors to the locker rooms on the main gym floor. I might get arrested if I weighed myself naked!

This may sound stupid, but this topic just blew my mind.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else - always without any clothing, first thing in the morning, after emptying my bladder. I feel it is the truest depiction of my weight. The Dr. office scales are always off because you never wear the same shoes, the same clothes - you often have either eaten or drank something (and it is never the same food or amount of liquid), and usually, you haven't had a chance to empty your bladder until after they weigh you and then they ask you too pee into the cup. So, I would never use the dr. scale as my true weight.

Vickie
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I always weight first thing in the morning just after using the bathroom. However, I'm out of the majority as I weigh with clothes on. All of my night clothes are very light and the scale isn't in a private place so I don't want my kids to see me going "commando." Just do what is best for you. If you weigh nekkid and its different at the doc's office, you will know why! Just be consistent with whatever decision you make! :)
  • FelipaJ
    FelipaJ Posts: 71
    Options
    BUTT NEKKID! Friday morning, second thing i do. Scale in the same spot on the bathroom floor.

Yup, potty first (get naked), jump on scale....kick it if warranted :laugh:
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I weigh in after I go to the bathroom in the morning, but I always have on my jammies. They all weight about the same, I figure, and I like the fact that I actually weigh a little less than the number I go by!!
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    in a tank top - always take my pants off, but for some reason keep my tank on.
    now i'm thinking i gotta go butt nekkid

except i weigh in, in the entry way of my house. (for some reason my weight is lower there than in the bathroom)

ah screw it. i'm a risk taker.

don't come peeking in my front window on friday morning, mkay?
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    At home, I weigh with very little on. When I weigh at doctors, I know how much my clothing weighs, and again try to keep it as light as possible.

Either way, if you wear the same thing every time, it will still show loss or gain. just keep it all the same every time.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I get up...pee... sacrifice a chicken...say some chants...get butt nekid...weight myself. Same time for consistency.
  • twinsfan1976
    Options
    I wear a pair of briefs! Always in the morning about 15 minutes after I get up and take care of business.
  • Lugenna
    Options
    sacrifice a chicken?? too funny.. .
  • DigitalRain
    Options
    Yeah I do it to. I also void before weighing. (I'm sorry if that's TMI, yall :laugh: )
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i usually weigh in the morning, before i've eaten anything and after i go to the bathroom. i will weigh myself naked, and then put on whatever clothes i entered the bathroom in (living with roommates) and weigh myself again. that way i can get both weights, and if i ever need to weigh myself with clothes on i know about the relative difference