started yesterday. want to see results SOON. any ideas?

Options
12346»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    5 minute progress thread. Fo' Sho!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have an idea....give up on the idea of quick results, this is all about progress, no matter how slow the process.
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to work for it.

Accept that.

Then have patience. And educate yourself about good nutrition and fitness habits.

:)
  • manique45
    manique45 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hey all. i just started this diet plan yesterday (it was a great day, btw).
    and i know this is going to be a long journey. i live a sedentary lifestyle, i'm a heavy drinker, etc. i know i'm going to have to deeply change my lifestyle to see real results, and to maintain them.
    buttttt i'm also 22 years old and i'm pretty impulsive and i KNOW if i don't see some kind of quick result, i'm that much more likely to just give up.
    so, anybody have any tips that will help me see a real difference (and thus motivate me to try harder) when i get on the scale at the end of this week & the next week??

thanks guys :)

Wow lol, sorry to chuckle...

Have you ever heard one good meal (salad) wont make you thin, just like one bad meal (big Mac) wont make you fat??? Consistency is not gained over night you have to stick with it. make a realistic goal like 3 months and just keep chugging. A life style change is just that, not anything to give up. That is the difference. Its a mind set you either are going to do it or not. Everyone has days when they eat a little more or not enough... thats fine you are human. The mind set I am talking about is making conscious choices to eat a set amount or cut back on drinking.

I work with a lady that is super strict with her eating M-F but Sat and Sunday she doesn't BINGE but she does have a beer or two which is a treat for her to look forward to. She has lost nearly 60 lbs in the last 3 years and kept it off. Find what works for you. Quick results will just be water weight loss not real fat loss...
  • FinzNC
    FinzNC Posts: 11
    Options
    You are starting at the beginning of the holiday season... You might want to accept The Eat Smart, Move More...Maintain, don't gain! Holiday Challenge. You can sign up here: https://esmmweighless.com/holiday-challenge-live/

Go slow and steady, small changes = big results.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    The first week of a diet I think you should start by LOGGING EVERYTHING YOU EAT AND MEASURING THINGS. That way you can get an idea of how much you are actually consuming. Cut out all soda and other drinks and just have water (coffee is okay too without a bunch of cream and sugar)

- by logging everything for a week you can find out where you need to make changes

- also I would suggest to try and get in 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week to start out.
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    my advice is patience, patience, patience and just knowing that if you keep doing the right things for you body, you'll eventually see the results. there is no other option. i didn't start seeing a decent change on the scale or my body until about week 4. i can say within a week or two my clothes felt a tad looser.