almond milk vrs soy milk

Options
2»

Replies

• adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    apparently most soy products have been genetically modified so unless you can find one that has the no GMO seal on it I would use Almond unsweetened milk

If you like soy milk or want to try it, and have an Aldi near you, they have organic non-GMO vanilla soy milk. I don't care for cow's milk, and I'm slightly lactose intolerant anyhoodles, so soy is a good alternative to me - and it is better from a protein perspective (for me). The Aldi brand doesn't taste chalky to me.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    apparently most soy products have been genetically modified so unless you can find one that has the no GMO seal on it I would use Almond unsweetened milk

No, this is wrong. I've never seen a brand of soy milk that wasn't non-GMO. Soy foods like soy milk, tofu, edamame, etc. are non-GMO and usually organic.

GMO soy is used almost exclusively to make soy additives. You get these by eating fast food, processed foods, frozen meals, etc.

No.. sorry you are mistaken..

Twenty years ago, no genetically engineered food crops had been planted in the United States. Then, beginning in 1987, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) began to receive what has turned out to be 11,600 applications for the testing of genetically engineered food crops. By the year 2000, over 50% of all soybeans planted in the U.S. were genetically engineered. As of 2007, that number increased to 91%. Soybeans currently surpass both corn and cotton as the genetically engineered crop with the greatest planted acreage. (For a more detailed look at genetically engineered soybeans and the history of crop planting, you can visit the USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) review published by its Economic Research Service, at: http://www.ers.usda.gov/data/biotechcrops/ExtentofAdoptionTable3.htm).

91% that translates to MOST
  • kristensaav
    kristensaav Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk. It has only 30 calories for the unsweetened almond milk with vanilla and it tastes delish! Also if you drink coffee you can make a good morning latte out of it!