thumbs_up_matt_leblanc.gif
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    wow incredible job!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, especially your arms and stomach!!! Go GIRL!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing progress!!! :-)

I also started at 300+ and did not understand FOR YEARS why I wasn't losing much/any weight eating under 1,500 calories every day (and walking several miles each night). So I totally "get it" too!!! I thought I had some weird metabolic disorder.

Cheers!!
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love success stories. You my friend are inspirational! Congratulation on your weightloss so far :) You look incredible!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. GRATS!
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Way to go! Lots of hard work paid off.
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE these pics! You look awesome girl! Glad to be your friend :) Keep up the great work!
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! Progress fuels motivation!
  • crl315
    Options
    RMR = resting metabolic rate
    BMR = basal metabolic rate

Essentially the same thing. That is the amount of calories you as an individual burn in a 24-hour period just based on keeping your bodily functions running. For example, the calories you burn if you were sitting in a chair or laying in bed for an entire day, that would be your resting metabolic rate. Add in activities of daily living (walking, cleaning, etc.) which can add up, along with exercise to get an idea of what your actually burning throughout the day. Hope this helps.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm Trisha I am 21 and I weigh less now than I did in 7th grade at 5'2. I have been overweight since I was in 3rd grade and have just now learned how to take care of my body and lose weight. I have finally realized today it is not about where I am at it is about how I feel, and today I feel great. So here goes anything my first success post. Anyone looking for advice look into you RMR it is where you want to start, it took me a long time to realize that 1200 Calories a day was not enough for me at 300+ lbs I was starving myself and not losing weight. A special thanks to Jacquedr for all of your help getting me starred and keeping me going.

Feel free to add me I love new friends especially those who post their thoughts!! Now what you all wanted!
    Stats: SW 315 GW 165 CW 225 Height 5'9

I just want to say I LOVE your profile pic! That's how I feel everytime I do squats! You are making awesome progress! You should be so proud of all your hard work!

edited because I don't know how to work the quote feature
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!

29574-Cat-High-Five-gif-uSc2.gif
  • chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing progress!!! :-)

I also started at 300+ and did not understand FOR YEARS why I wasn't losing much/any weight eating under 1,500 calories every day (and walking several miles each night). So I totally "get it" too!!! I thought I had some weird metabolic disorder.

Cheers!!

Can you talk to my coworker who is on a 900 calorie-a-day diet? x_x
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Faaaaantastic!!! Great going, OP!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Way to go Trisha!!!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!

Keep up the good work!!!
  • HemsireJosie
    HemsireJosie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow... your results are amazing! Congrats :)
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that you are healthy and doing absolutely awesome. Insiprational! May the rest of your life be as healthy!
  • TrishaAnn13
    TrishaAnn13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Way to go! One of my favorite parts of MFP is all the success stories :-)
    Thank you!!! and oh me too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!