From 330lbs to 195lbs

Options
pattydi
pattydi Posts: 55 Member
I started this "journey" January of 2012 weighing 330+ lbs... I found MFP by accident when I got a kindle fire for Christmas and discovered the world of aps. I started slowly and with much apprehension. I am almost 50 years old and didn't see much hope in surviving to see my grandchildren grow up. I had high blood pressure, acid reflux, high blood sugar, bad knees, carpel tunnel, back pain, etc.,. etc... etc... the list goes on...I started reading the forums to get ideas and fell in love with the success stories... My biggest goal was to be able to post my story one day.. well I'm not at my goal weight yet.. but I think it's time to maybe re-evaluate things. and If I did this right, hopefully you can see my progress.

The support on MFP is amazing! I've met so many wonderful friends here and I feel that I couldn't have gotten where I am today without them. The hardest hurdle for me to get over was to believe in myself. I spent my entire adult life morbidly obese. I never in a million years thought that I would ever be able to lose weight. My doctor started talking to me about Bariatric surgery... I almost did it... I was very close to taking that step. I'm so glad that I didn't have to. I've tried every gimmick and diet known to man!! WW, Jenny Craig, Doctors weight loss, Adkins, slimfast, Nutra System,..... grapefruit diet, lol.. you name it, I've tried it.

I'm quickly approaching my second year on MFP and I'm quickly approaching my 50th birthday. I've lost 138 lbs... I've gone through countless weeks and months without losing a pound... I've cursed at the scale.. I've had a few binge days in there too.... but I log everyday... I exercise.. I know I'll never be perfect...I'm not going to wake up one day and say ... "Oh.. I've made my goal... I'm done".. I can say this with great confidence, I'll never go back to the way I was...

Always believe in yourself... (One of my MFP friends tells me that often) :) It's not always easy... and I know each person has their own struggles,,, their own stories.. their own demons.

I'll leave you with a quote that I read somewhere..(probably on FB) lol anyhow it really sums up this whole process.. and it's short and to the point. " Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same". :happy:

houseshotsandkids0152_zps723e3564.jpg

P10502092_zpsc831e40e.jpg

2013-05-23073607_zpsb0fff7d8.jpg

20130927_080802_zps498166b7.jpg

20131026_174302_zps8a7dbd42.jpg

20131107_092839_zps4dd3413c.jpg

Replies

• LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Good job :D
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a whole bunch of success! I bet you feel great. I like your attitude, too. Congratulations!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    great job. I'm looking forward to getting into wonderland soon.
  • its_amyyy
    its_amyyy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What an awesome, awesome story - congrats! You have worked hard and you have definitely inspired me tonight.
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are the reason that MFP works!!! I read your whole story; I am proud of you!!!

You really look great!!!
  • Toshad84
    Toshad84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!! Thank you for sharing! Congrats!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you.
  • tamzinsmommy
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm trying to go from 323 to 165 as a final goal.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing story! I am so impressed with you and the changes you have made. Would you mind sharing a bit about what was the hardest part and how'd you get past that point? Congratulations on being an inspiration and here's to watching your beautiful grandchildren grow up!!!!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. Stories like these keep me on the path. After two years, "Great job!" sounds like a weak reply. But seriously, GREAT JOB!!
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, Just AMAZING! Go you!!! I have about 130 pounds to lose myself!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • Natevasify
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Thank you for keeping me inspired! :D
  • pattydi
    pattydi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing story! I am so impressed with you and the changes you have made. Would you mind sharing a bit about what was the hardest part and how'd you get past that point? Congratulations on being an inspiration and here's to watching your beautiful grandchildren grow up!!!!

OH gosh.. the hardest part... that's tough..... I'd say exercise was a tough one for me... I could barely walk up a flight of stairs in the beginning... and it took ALOT to stay motivated... But truely the more friends I found on MFP the easier it got. I'd read my friends posts and saw their results.. and I'm telling you peer pressure is a huge motivator for me... I wasn't gonna let someone else beat me and burn more calories than me! lol.. I guess I'm kinda competative that way!
    I also still struggle with cravings.. they really don't ever go away... I just try to NOT deny myself something if I really want it... it's all about moderation. If I know I'm going to have pizza then I'll just work a little harder on the bike or elliptical to make up for it. :smile:
  • bethshines
    bethshines Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Thank you! stories like this keep me motivated! Your story was my "bedtime story" today, and I'm so grateful!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've created a miracle in your own life. MFP and the wonderful people here helped, I'm sure. I know my MFP friends have helped me. You did the work, you stuck with it, and you're a wondrous success.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank You! You look wonderful!
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to share with all of us. You have inspired and encouraged me more than you know. I will do my best to pay it forward when I get close to my goal!!! :-)
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing!!! An absolute inspiration! Well done! X
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Outstanding.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!