To those bulking, but avoiding wheat and sugar....

Options
2»

Replies

• Could also look up the SCD diet, Special Carb Diet. The website www.pecanbread.com is set up for parents of autistic children because that is one thing the diet helps with but it's also easy to navigate to learn about what it can all help with. Could give you some insight for carbs to look to on your carb days.
  • widmer3
    widmer3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ooh dried fruit. I think I'll stock up on that, too!
    It's just hard to get used to, eating so much! I don't know how men do it, honestly. I can barely reach 1900 cals on workout days, and some men eat, what, 4000 calories a day?! I can't imagine.
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • keithemp
    Options
    Ooh dried fruit. I think I'll stock up on that, too!
    It's just hard to get used to, eating so much! I don't know how men do it, honestly. I can barely reach 1900 cals on workout days, and some men eat, what, 4000 calories a day?! I can't imagine.
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

You eat it spread out throughout the day (eat 5-6 times a day, 3 meals, 3 snacks). It gets easier the more you do it. I found that when I started my bulk, I worked my way up to 3500 + cals a day. Start by aiming to get 2500, then slowly increase your cal intake over the next couple weeks so that you won't feel as bloated.

I also found that getting to 3000 cals from solid food sources was more manageable, and I topped up the last little bit from liquids (shakes, milk, etc).
  • raselrony
    Options
    Yeah, you are right Jennifer Lawrence achieved a nice figure after avoiding wheat and sugar http://www.celebsfact.com/jennifer-lawrence-weight-height-bra-size-figure-size-body-measurements/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    he had one week he put on 8 lbs of muscle

No
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why?

thats all I got..

sugar and carbs are not evil...
  • ljw5021
    ljw5021 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Give yourself some experiments to see what works. Ideas for paleo carbs typically involve sweet potatoes, which you have already ruled out. White rice works, as it's lacking most of the anti-nutrients that its cousins have.

How much volume/weight are you doing? How many carbs are you getting from vegetables?

EDIT: As far as actually getting calories in, a friend of mine basically lives by "never be hungry". He'll still eat breads and stuff, though not often. He'll have 6 eggs in the morning, a footlong sub mid morning, a bunch of chicken with greek yogurt and nuts at lunch, munch on things throughout the afternoon, bunch of meat and veggies for dinner, more snacks before bed. He also works out about 10 times per week, though.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I've had two beers, 3 candy bars, a hamburger with the bun, 5 eggs, half a pound of pork, 6 pierogies, and a bowl of ice cream so far today. Does that count?
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    scooby did a video the other day of bulking bars he uses - basically 1 part each of dry milk, cocoa, oats, honey and natural peanut butter - looked pretty good, imagine they pack the cals in too - forget what the listed macros were
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Ice cream mostly. But that's on your list of evil foods.
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    unsalted nuts, seeds, are very high in calories, along with dried figs

( im not bulking , but I did raw vegan and ate a high calorie diet, so I know its possible to eat high calorie
    unprocessed.)