Absolutely inspirational my friend! You are an incredible person! Xo
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Amazing woman !!!
  • miller930
    miller930 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You Go Grandma! This is absolutely wonderful! Just imagine how Loved Your grandchildren will feel when they get older and find out that they were your inspiration! Cheers!:drinker:
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic!
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I read this quote and it quickly became one of my favorites and is now something I strive for. It says; I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say, "Because of you, I didn't give up." Congratulations, you've achieved just that. Your story is honest and inspiring, thank you for posting it. Oh and way to rock those boots. lol.
  • FreeToBreathe
    Options
    Hot sexxi mama!! Way to go! =))
  • HTaylor0517
    HTaylor0517 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your story is pretty close to mine. I have been on MFP since March 2013 and log everything. I have lost 78 pounds since March 1st and I am 102 pounds down from my al time heaviest. I am going on 5 weeks without a loss and was getting very discouraged until I read your story this morning. Thank you for sharing. I am dealing with some family issues and started exercising as a way to cope with the stress. I also turned 50 in July and I didn't want to spend the rest of my life hiding and being uncomfortable. I walk at least 4-5 miles EVERY day, I do water aerobics and Zumba too. I saw where you wrote about using an eliptical. I have tried that recently and it really hurts my legs. I thought after all the walking and Zumba I have done, I would be able to do the eliptical with no problems. Did it hurt your legs at first? I was also very close to bariatric surgery and changed my mind a couple of times. I am so glad I didn't go through with it. You look great in the dress with boots, too! I have been shopping for boots recently. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing your story!
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I have been really down seeing as though I haven't lost any weight in the last two weeks. This is very encourging! You're amazing.

50540473.png
  • the_Tallguy
    the_Tallguy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    good job
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You look great my friend and don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise. I have people telling me all the time that's its time to quit losing and I think until I have reached a point where I am happy with the way my clothes feel and look, I wont quit. Especially when the scale is bouncing 10 pounds up and down like a rubber ball. :LOL You look fantastic and have done a fabulous job.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Great work
    Congrats.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have been going slow...had a "life happens" moment that caused me to give up on myself, but not give up on being here... I gained back HALF of what I lost and have since lost half of what I gained back...and had another "I could care less" setback recently (but obviously I still care because I kept coming back here even though I wasn't logging)...I refused to weigh, I got up, made the kids lunches and got them off to school, went to work(where I checke in with MFP) , came home, made dinner and went to bed. After a week of that "i could care less" attitude, I finally decided that I really DID care...and I got up early and started doing some "me time" before I got the kids up for school. Made extra effort when I got home. And started LOGGING again. I decided that I was brave enough to face the darned scale, which I just KNEW was going to be way up! (Between TOM and feeling yuck I was predicting 7 pounds up or more) By some miracle, I WAS DOWN, though not much!!! But I was THRILLED that I didn't GAIN!!! Obviously some of my habits are sticking even when i am in rebellion mode.

THANK YOU for your story. THANK YOU for having times of being "Stuck". THANK YOU for proving that as an older woman, I CAN DO IT!!!
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring to one who is trying to lose about the same!
  • Rosa1455
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!:smile:
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration.

You look fabulous!

Good for you!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Hands down awesome job and amazing story.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Patty! You look absolutely fabulous. I managed to lose about 22 lbs before I accidentally discovered MFP, and I think it is the reason I didn't fall back into my old ways.
    Like you, when I suddenly decided I better start moving, I announced to my hubs I was going to go for a walk around the block, I think he was rather surprised to say the least! By the time I got home I was certain I was going to have a heart attack. I was 228 lbs and was getting breathless just making the bed! I gradually increased my walking and now try to walk for an hour each day. Surgery last December has prevented me from other types of exercising for at least another 6 or 7 months.
    One of the best things you have told us all, is that you have not lost every week, that you occasionally have a treat but increase your exercise when you intend having that treat. WTG! One of the worst things is to say Oh I can NEVER eat that again- yes you can!! but as a very occasional treat not every day. The reason a lot of people give up is because they cannot handle the idea of never again eating their favourite food. But once you really get into eating more healthy stuff and discover that you CAN make delicious low calorie meals, well it is all good! I need to lose another 25 to 30 lbs, but I am just doing my best and I know it will come off eventually. I am older than 50 ( well a LOT older) :) but I am inspired by all the wonderful stories on here like yourself, Patty and missability another lady who has changed her life around ( and most probably saved it ) Keep on going you look awesome. xxxx
  • fotosnflyrod
    Options
    Fabulous and inspirational and keeps me going! Patruska rocks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!