New...Sort Of. Looking for a restart and motivation!

Options
Hi everyone!

I've been on a weight loss journey all my life - who hasn't been lol. Anyway, finally after hitting my all time high of 225 and seeing pictures of myself after a summer vacation and just feeling disgusting, I joined weight watchers in July 2012 and was very successful. Within a year I had lost 30 lbs and a dress size. I think I lost a lot of inches too but not sure the exact amount as I didn't take measurements until much later in my journey. I'm much more physically fit than I think I've ever been but for a variety of reasons over the summer of 2013 I sort of lost my momentum. I didn't track my food, I stopped exercising as much and I even started to binge again. I've been trying unsuccessfully to regain my momentum but its been very difficult. I've gained about 8 lbs from my lowest weight at late spring/early summer.

Its frustrating when I know all the right things to do, and have done them, but I let my mind take over. Hoping that posting on here and reading fellow posters will help re-spark my weight loss journey!

*Shannon

Replies

• AnneFroel
    AnneFroel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I have added you as a friend :)
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Shannon.
    You will re-spark your weight loss, if you want to.
    Friends are here to help.
  • Paulinehendo12
    Options
    Hi Shannon - I've been exactly same since the summer! I have no idea what is going on in that brain of mines but I keep getting back on track and self sabotaging it a couple of days later! I too have put on about 5/6 lbs since summer despite still exercising due to overeating! Have sent you a friend request - let's help each other ;) x
  • Dante_Cubit
    Options
    Hey! Firsly, well done for doing so well with WW. Stuff happens, life takes over and you lose ground. You're doing something about it now and that's what counts! I have many friends who have or go to WW, some who are weighers and clerks (I don't go myself, my genes have blessed me and I've not gained a lot, luckily!) and they all say the same - track, measure, weigh, log. Get yourself back into a routine so it becoms second-nature. I've only recently discovered the benefits of this, and I also recommend takign photographs so you can physically see the difference as time progresses.
    Just as important - if you DO want to splurge, then go for it (It's Chinese and Wine for me tonight!) but either go for healthier choices OR do some exercise beforehand to mitigate those extra calories!
    Good luck, add me if you like and keep it up!
  • wonders10
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies. Friday is my weigh day and it seems I'm down 1/2 lb since last week. Surely it's because of my working out because my eating was not great. At least not great more days than not. The only constant is my meals. I'm able to eat portion controlled low cal b, l, d but then I want to snack and then I want to binge. That's my weakness for sure. I'm just going to try to eat portion controlled with less snacking the next couple days , almost like maintenance mode but since it s a weekend I'll be able to workout longer too.. Then in a few days, work on dropping the overall calories I'm eating. I'm trying really hard to make this a lifestyle and not a diet. I'm sick of worrying about food all the time and I just want to feel "normal" about it all. And I want to enjoy my life so if we get fro-yo over the weekend, then I want to have it and not feel guilty. And if that means the weight comes off slower, then so be it.

P.S. I dropped WW a few months ago when my subscription ended so I'm focusing more on tracking calories on MFP. I'd been going back and forth prior to that and I just want to save my money lol.

Thanks again for your support! I'll be around.
  • wonders10
    Options
    Also, I will be traveling with my boyfriend for thanksgiving and meeting his family for the first time (some I've met before). I'm VERY nervous and very worried about how I look because they are all very vain and the grandmother is practically anorexic. I'm so the opposite lol. I just want to look but also feel pretty and I'm not right now. I think that worry is what is causing me difficulties staying on track so I'm trying push through it.

My goal is to lose about 6lbs by then. I'm 201 and change right now and I would like to weigh 195 before we leave. I think it's doable and I hate to out a label on a number. But I just know I was at that weight earlier in the summer and felt really good and strong so that's why I'm picking it.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Shannon - I am in the same boat. I hit my goal and maintained for over 9 months and then summer hit. I would sit outside and have a glass of wine that turned in to 2-3 and the bottle. I stopped weighing, logging etc and drinking more. By Oct, I was up to 1.5 L of wine every night and binging. I now find 10 lbs extra on my butt. I have been alcohol free for 7 days and am back to weighing, logging and reading these motivational posts. I feel so much better. Skin looks better and I am saving $$$!!!

WE can do this.