How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Every few days but I only record it once a month.
  • sriley7682
    sriley7682 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i weigh in daily
  • Flex382
    Flex382 Posts: 257
    Options
    Once a week same time same place
  • sarabee0405
    sarabee0405 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do it a few times a day.. Not in an obsessive kind of way though, I like to see the fluctuations throughout the day, it's kind of interesting to see how different foods affect your body throughout the day.

I usually only record when there is a loss of at least 1lb.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, usually several times just to understand the fluctuations... How much more do I weigh at night than I do in the morning? Before working out versus after? Before lunch versus after? What do my clothes weigh? You get the idea...

I only officially track once a week though--always the same morning of the week, naked, first thing after voiding.
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Rarely. It's definitely a personal thing. If you graphed my weight loss over a period of time, it would consistently go down, but it would be an up and down-down process. My weight fluctuates so much, that if I weigh my self daily, or even weekly-I get so discouraged. Everyone is different, but this is what works for me. I can feel that my clothes aren't as snug and I can feel that I have more energy and my knees don't hurt as much....that's good enough for me! Figure out what encourages you and do that. :)
  • dustinjohnson1331
    Options
    Daily, and I have yearly spreadsheets with my weight/body fat back to 2010. I use an exponentially smoothed trend that I found via the Hacker's Diet. You can find it referenced here: http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/e4/signalnoise.html It really helps to see what your weight is actually doing and ignore daily water retention/sodium issues.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Every damn day. I like seeing the flucuations, but I do get frusturated sometimes.
  • ktcomplicated
    ktcomplicated Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, mostly out of curiousity. I "officially" weigh in on Saturday mornings, though, and that's the weight I record every week.
  • vinny76063
    vinny76063 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh myself day in day out and i would get down, so i started going by how my clothes fit and only hit the scale once a week or once every 2 weeks. That scale can be very discouraging, my older bro was at 325 and once i convinced him to stay off scale he did alot better as far as mentally staying focused and is down to about 275, he checks his weight once a week now. I get the curiosity thing tho, I have my weeks where i get the same way and want to check a cple days in a row. As long as you dont get discouraged & stay on your diet and exercise routine keep doing what your doing. If it starts bringing you down or frustrated try to stay off for a cple weeks as long as you stay good on your diet and workout. just a suggestion everybody is different
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing. I like to know the fluctuations and relate them to what I've eaten-sodium etc. No nasty surprises then x
    And I log too.. shows the patterns x
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    The scale is a nightmare, One minute its down then up, down up!!

Try to do once a week, but yes I can easily jump on a couple times a week which is NOT good!
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Formerly once a week on purpose. Bought a scale....once an hour. That got carried away. Then for a few months never. Now I'm doing it daily. I will go back to once a week soon as soon as I have enough information to pick a cal goal.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Every day unless I know I ate alot of sodium and I cannot take the frustration...lol

^^this
  • An8888
    An8888 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log my weight in two ways: Once a day on mfp, and once a week at home. I find it interesting to see all the minor fluctuations through the week, and compare them to the weekly home weigh in. That way if I lose less weight one week than the prior week, I can kind of look back and see why that might have happened. But so long as I keep seeing the overall weight go down every week, I don't get too discouraged.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week.
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessive = morning and before I go to bed! :blushing:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I typically weigh in a couple of times a week but I'm trying to cut down since I feel I've become a little too focused on fluctuations. How often do you all weigh in, or what works best for you?
    I weigh every day and take the average weekly. This is NOT for everyone.