40 Something Women.... with no kids

Options
2»

Replies

• Cicily25
    Options
    Me too! I'm 44, single, no kids and happy about it! Of course, I teach middle school so I'm around kids all day long.

I also have a 4 year old nephew and an almost 2 year old niece who I ADORE.

And a cat, Daisy, who pretty much runs the house.

I'm somewhat new to MFP, so I'd be happy to have a nice circle of support here.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Another one right here....45 years old, in a committed relationship with a man who has 3 kids, but I have none of my own (thankfully!). Love the anklebiters, just never wanted any of my own. :laugh:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40 something woman and my 'kids' are now adults and have left home (well one 19yr old lingering still lol) ..I've been there done that and am not into kiddie chat at all (any more!) so if thats ok and you want support and encouragement please feel free to add me :)

Ruth
  • khicks125
    Options
    I'm 28, not looking to be in your group (per se) but just wanted to say thanks. My husband and I do not want kids, and people look at us like we have 3 heads. It's always, 'You'll change your mind!' or 'In a couple years your're gonna feel so left out when everyone else has kids!'. I even had a lady tell me I should hurry up before I 'dried up'. Anyways, it's nice to see people a little ways down the road that are happy with their decision. I'm at that age where it's a baby shower or a wedding every other weekend, so this gets brought up a lot. Especially when 3 of your closest friends are due Nov, Dec, and Jan. And I'm just over here like - wassup! I love my dogs!
  • larocco328
    Options
    I am 41 & child free. I am divorced & have a "step" daughter who is twenty & in college so I am all on my own! Have two cats, closest thing I will have to babies lol (unless i get a dog!)
  • mtns2010
    mtns2010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me! I'm 46, and I love kids and have none of my own. I laughed when I read the request for no kiddie talk -- I get it!

I'd enjoy a support group as I attempt to increase exercise and eat more healthily through the long, dark winter.
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    me! I'm 43, divorced, with two cats! ;) Never had kids, never wanted them, although I do adore having two nieces that I see about once a month. I work with children because I'm a reading teacher, but I am very happy to be child-free! :)
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    any who would like, Feel free to add me if you would like. 45+, married , no kids, 4 cats. Have lost total of 40 lbs, I am refocusing again and getting back on track. Really rock it some day, others not so much, but I am working on it! Nagging, butt kicking allowed, as I will give it.