25 lb challenge

Options
Planning to make small changes in my eating and add 30 minutes of exercise 5x a week. I will reward myself 1 reward day after every 5 days of eating well. Seeing that I've lost 17 lbs since i've logged in motivated me to actually start doing something to lose weight. I had not noticed the amount of weight I've had lost. I'm not committed because I always do well for a few weeks then I start eating everything in sight. This time, I feel committed since my husband has been eating well and exercising and I have not been supportive. Wish me luck and let's start at group.

Replies

• marshxomellow
    Options
    Sounds cool even though I have more than 25 pounds to lose. ;) Feel free to add me anyone.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    me too! i have plenty to lose, and need some more motivation!
  • BigSnicka
    BigSnicka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    25lbs worked wonders for me from a health standpoint so go for it!!
  • Malvys24
    Malvys24 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have like 40 lbs to lose. It always seems that I do well for 2-3 weeks then i go back to old habits. I never stick a plan and achieve my goal, and I'm tired of it. So, I'm starting today. Portion control eating and exercise 30 minutes 5x a week. Little steps but consistency and commitment will help me achieve.

Off to do my 1st set of exercises :) 30 minutes...
  • LynnNeeds2Lose
    Options
    I have close to 30lbs to lose to get back to my pre-baby weight! Crossing fingers I can make it through the holidays(;
    Feel free to add me!!
  • Malvys24
    Options
    Well, let's help each other. I'm really starting this Monday by eating healthier and exercising 3-5x a week. I NEED ALL the MOTIVATION in the world. I really do but I'm going to give it my best :)
  • lenehreut
    lenehreut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Feel free to add me - anyone!
    Give heaps of support and encouragement.
    I'm working on a slow, steady and permanent weightloss/lifestyle change! About 30lb to lose!!

Student.Single parent.Recovered bulimic and binge eater.
  • Malvys24
    Options
    After a weekend of partying, drinking, and amazing bbq"s....It's time to get back at it. Eating breakfast and packing my lunch to work. Also plan to exercise for 30 minutes :) Oh yeah, and 1L of water!!
  • Malvys24
    Options
    Welcome :) looking for active member and support as well.
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well, that works for me, though I will be breaking it down into 5lb losses. It's easier to think in terms of 5lb, rather than 25. After all, 25lb is ONLY 5 lots of 5 lb!

I'm off to south africa at easter, anything I lose between now and then is a bonus. OK, my pledge is to stick to 1350 calories a day, exercise 3 times a week, be active in the day and to not eat standing up at all.

good luck everyone x
  • Malvys24
    Options
    Down to 189 :) 21 more to go. Starting Slim in six on Monday since weather is getting colder. Committing to the 6 week program along with portion control eating. Today is a week of eating better and working out 30 min. This week I worked out 5x
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good job on staying committed this past week. I recommitted myself to a healthier lifestyle two weeks ago. I have lost a pound each. So I will be kicking it up a notch, aiming for 2 pounds a week. I've been down this road before, so I know what it takes. Took me a year to lose 52 pounds. I kept it off for 3 years, then got lazy, stopped logging/tracking, working out consistently, etc. I realize it has to be a lifestyle change. Slow and steady.

Add me if you like.
  • Malvys24
    Options
    Just checking in... How is everyone doing? Ate well and exercised. Great day :)
  • mhcrunner1
    Options
    I'm looking for support myself. My goal is to lose between 25-30 pounds. I used to be really fit and have just let things go in the last year. My goals are to get back into running at least 5 times per week. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Down 8 lbs wanting to lose 25 more.. Feel free to add me :)
  • bubblepix123
    Options
    I really want to lose 20-15 pounds before my graduation!
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose 25-30lbs. My goal is by end of April (since its my birthday) but at the most, end of May (graduating from college).

I have a group for people trying to lose weight by the spring, feel free to join too if you'd like

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17737-goal-spring-2014-weight-loss
  • juliegaglione7
    juliegaglione7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am back at it and have exactly 25 to lose. Need some motivation through the holidays.
  • Malvys24
    Options
    Hi Team:

Felt GREAT being the talk of how good I looked at my family's Thanksgiving Dinner. Kept me from eating 2nd's!!! 2lbs down.
    We can do this..... one goal and one day at a time :)