Cals moving to maintenance

Options
2»

Replies

• Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    What about logging? Does everyone log faithfully when moving to maint?

Me! :) I'm approaching 650 days. I'm an OA person and MFP acts as a "higher power" that I submit myself to - in other words, it's my accountability structure, helps me remember my boundary lines and where I need to stop each day. Plus, I am just missing that long-term memory chip that can remember what I ate that day - so this thing acts as my 2nd brain. I look at it like making my bed or brushing my teeth - just another daily task, no big deal.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a whole lot to lose (15 lbs) and I lost it pretty slowly so there wasn't a big difference in calories for me - having an extra IPA every night made the difference between losing and maintaining for me. I think because I was at such a small deficit, I didn't have any weight gain once I was done losing. I don't log anymore either, but I do weight myself everyday. If I started hitting numbers that I didn't like, I'd probably start logging again, but I think I have a good handle on what I should eat and how I should move.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Do you guys normally lose weight while finding your maintenance calories intake? Becaue I am trying to find my maintenance calories intake I gained weight when I am only eating 1200 calories per day. I am really confused.

What is your TDEE? Are you weighing your food & logging every piece of food that you eat? I don't weigh my food & have learned that I've been grossly underestimating the amount of food I've been eating. (like eating 1 1/2 cups of cereal every morning instead of 3/4 cup estimation on a daily basis). Small things like that make a huge impact. I have my calories set at 1350 but I'm guessing I consume at least 1550 a day from guestimation error. If you're eating 1200 per day & want to move to maintenance, then up your calories by 100 every week til you hit your TDEE. Good luck!

My TDEE is 1755cals, I've been weighing the food that I'm eating and I'm also doing exercises as well... Thanks for your advice! It's really not easy to move on to maintenance...

Good luck & no its not very easy. Some say lose an extra 5lbs because you may gain some lbs moving into maintenance.