From 330lbs to 195lbs

Options

Replies

• Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I started this "journey" January of 2012 weighing 330+ lbs... I found MFP by accident when I got a kindle fire for Christmas and discovered the world of aps. I started slowly and with much apprehension. I am almost 50 years old and didn't see much hope in surviving to see my grandchildren grow up. I had high blood pressure, acid reflux, high blood sugar, bad knees, carpel tunnel, back pain, etc.,. etc... etc... the list goes on...I started reading the forums to get ideas and fell in love with the success stories... My biggest goal was to be able to post my story one day.. well I'm not at my goal weight yet.. but I think it's time to maybe re-evaluate things. and If I did this right, hopefully you can see my progress.

The support on MFP is amazing! I've met so many wonderful friends here and I feel that I couldn't have gotten where I am today without them. The hardest hurdle for me to get over was to believe in myself. I spent my entire adult life morbidly obese. I never in a million years thought that I would ever be able to lose weight. My doctor started talking to me about Bariatric surgery... I almost did it... I was very close to taking that step. I'm so glad that I didn't have to. I've tried every gimmick and diet known to man!! WW, Jenny Craig, Doctors weight loss, Adkins, slimfast, Nutra System,..... grapefruit diet, lol.. you name it, I've tried it.

I'm quickly approaching my second year on MFP and I'm quickly approaching my 50th birthday. I've lost 138 lbs... I've gone through countless weeks and months without losing a pound... I've cursed at the scale.. I've had a few binge days in there too.... but I log everyday... I exercise.. I know I'll never be perfect...I'm not going to wake up one day and say ... "Oh.. I've made my goal... I'm done".. I can say this with great confidence, I'll never go back to the way I was...

Always believe in yourself... (One of my MFP friends tells me that often) :) It's not always easy... and I know each person has their own struggles,,, their own stories.. their own demons.

I'll leave you with a quote that I read somewhere..(probably on FB) lol anyhow it really sums up this whole process.. and it's short and to the point. " Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same". :happy:

houseshotsandkids0152_zps723e3564.jpg

P10502092_zpsc831e40e.jpg

2013-05-23073607_zpsb0fff7d8.jpg

20130927_080802_zps498166b7.jpg

20131026_174302_zps8a7dbd42.jpg

20131107_092839_zps4dd3413c.jpg

Freaking awesome job!!!
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    what a great story!!!!!! amazing job and way to not give up on yourself :):)
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! When I started on MFP I was 325 - I probably wont get to 195 since I am 5' 10" and my trainer says 220 puts me at 23% bodyfat based on my build - but I hope I look as close to what you look like - you look amazing!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING lady!!! Yay!!!!

I have gone from 307 (a few years ago) to 212 currently. I only hope to continue in your path!
  • abosq
    abosq Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, thanks so much for the motivation- Keep up the good job!
  • bobbydlt
    Options
    50 yrs and going strong! You're a motivation to us young pups. I've lost about 12-13 lbs on my quest to lose 100 lbs and be part of the century club. May God bless and continue to protect you and keep you healthy!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Incredible work and dedication! You look fantastic! Love the boots! :drinker: :happy:
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You know how I feel about you my Sister!!! I am so thankful I met you, you are so very very special to me!!!
    You have done an absolutely unbelievable outstanding job....I could go on an on with positive words!!!!

You will get to that goal Baby...I have no doubt and I will be kicking and screaming to get to mine with you all the way.

I am one of your biggest Cheerleader's!!!!

I love ya to the Moon and back and more!!!!

** If plan A doesn't work...the alphabet has 25 more letters!!!!! **
  • pattydi
    pattydi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ok.. i fixed one of the pictures from the first part of my post... i' swear they make this so difficult...lol

0ebcca65-7671-413c-84eb-608f6528df39_zps1ff767dc.jpg
  • _andreamarie
    _andreamarie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I am sure you are enjoying your new lease on life. Well done!
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Thank you for your amazing story. I am inspired at the moment and that's enough to get myself to the gym for a bit of cardio tonight. Tomorrow for cardio and weights will be easier for me too. You've definitely passed along the positive "never give up" attitude and that even the imperfect can succeed.

Best Wishes on your continued journey. Keep fighting the fight.
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Wow! You rock those boots, too. Congrats on your journey so far, and keep up the great work.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look Terrific, great job !!!
  • pattydi
    pattydi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I want to thank each and every one of you that took the time to reply to my post. I appreciate your kindness and hope that I was able to inspire someone just a little... If you truely believe in yourself, anything is possible. Life happens.. there will always be bumps in the road... No one is perfect... don't be hard on yourself if you get knocked down, pick yourself up and do it again... :happy:
  • flowergirl45
    flowergirl45 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fabulous!! Your dedication and commitment continue to inspire me daily. Thank you for being my friend.
  • vanillabeans001
    Options
    Oh WOW, you look amazing!! I don't know you, but I am proud of you. You are truly an inspiring human being and don't forget it!
  • Rozydreams
    Rozydreams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure you have inspired many people including myself. And I love your message to believe in yourself!
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What a phenomenal difference! You look amazing!!
  • chosenforgreatness08
    Options
    what an inspiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!