Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

FINALLY! 40 pounds loss

Im at the halfway mark for what I want to lose. 1 week shy of the 5 month mark. Im doing 1200 calories ( eat back some of my burn) under the guidance of my endorcinologist and local hospital nutritionist. I have hashimotos hypothyroid, polycystic ovarian syndrome and hyperprolactinemia ( pituitary irregularity) All of which compromise the metabolism/digestion and slowing other bodily processes. I have been obese since i became hypothyroid ( Was an actual 80 pound sudden weight gain that sent me to my doctors in my teens even though i was on the swim team, soft ball team and very active). Finally after all these years my meds are on point and feeling good. I quit smoking 3 years ago and ate the equivalent of a small village lol gaining 45 pounds then.
Im following a diabetic diet outline which is often recommended for women with PCOS as its some how associated with insulin resistance as well as taking metformin. ( In conjunction with other hormone replacements and blockers needed for the other hormonal issues listed above). I TRY to limit my carbs to 135 ( # given by dr n hospital) a day but yeah some days its pretty spot on and others oooh yeah not so much lol.
For my work out I do 150 crunches daily( used to do 250 but was developing pelvic floor issues associated with hysterectomy and told to reduce or stop , i stopped for awhile and when problem started to correct I slowly got back to 150 and staying here as the problem hasnt returned, well not as of yet). I do small 5 lb weights (which are defining my muscles nicely) 50 pectoral fly, standing curl, press and 40 tricep extentions Mon wed n fri i do 45 min of Belly dance drills ( more ab, oblique, glut, quad and upper arms intensively worked during this, not to mention a pretty good cardio lol Whew) Tue and Sat i do a high paced cardio on the eliptical for 45 minutes. Thursday and Sunday are my rest days and sometimes i gotta take an extra day when my thighs are pissed off lol.
I enjoy the belly dance drills immensely it makes working out fun! Ive decided in the near future to join a dance studio and take professional classes.
( Most of the pictures i take are when charting my progress, im so excited i dont even bother to get out of my pajama's, brush my hair ect lol and its ok Im more concerned about how i feel and my body then looking like a super model lol)
402.jpg?t=1383919112 ( had to edit pic to make it smaller so cut out the 10 pound stages n just did first n last)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!