T25 - reviews

Options
I had tried insanity but couldn't fit it in (40min was too long before work) and it's a little too much for me in my current shape. I started the T25 yesterday and plan to do the workouts in the am before work and combine it with weight training 3x/wk in the evening.

Anyone currently doing this workout or completed it? Or better yet have it and want to go through it together?

Replies

• Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting week 2, beta on Monday! Really likely it! Had great results the first few weeks. Kind of stalled recently :-/ Hope to see more results soon!
  • htherrien0406
    Options
    That's great to hear :) I like the Shaun T workouts, he can be a bit cheesy but I've always had results.
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    His Rockin Body was totally cheesy!! Lol. I love that T25 is so short! I do that and JM 30DS
  • htherrien0406
    Options
    I have been doing the 30d shred here and there too - she's pretty kick-*kitten* lol.

I need to get consistent - it's hard when always running around with the kids, work etc. Time to stop making excuses and start making time for me.
  • slywon
    slywon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Myself and two friends just started the Alpha Phase this past Monday. I fumbled through a few of the programs for the first time. I found Total Body Circuit to be the hardest of them all. Yesterday was a great day for me. It was the second time I ran through Cardio and I could see a vast improvement from day one and I did complete the second workout for double Friday and feel amazing for it. I have lost weight (albeit water I am sure) and a some inches off my waist and hips on this first of many STATURDAYS!!!! So far so good and I am going to go full steam ahead into week two!! Good luck to you as well!!
  • htherrien0406
    Options
    Myself and two friends just started the Alpha Phase this past Monday. I fumbled through a few of the programs for the first time. I found Total Body Circuit to be the hardest of them all. Yesterday was a great day for me. It was the second time I ran through Cardio and I could see a vast improvement from day one and I did complete the second workout for double Friday and feel amazing for it. I have lost weight (albeit water I am sure) and a some inches off my waist and hips on this first of many STATURDAYS!!!! So far so good and I am going to go full steam ahead into week two!! Good luck to you as well!!

Awesome!!
  • slywon
    slywon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just read your original post again........you are welcome to add me and join in with me if you like. I too work full time and have two busy kids. I wish I got up and got it done in the am but I start work at 7:30 and am NOT a morning person at that! For me right after school/work, before making supper is what works best for me.
  • Chele_NY
    Chele_NY Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

My husband and I are starting T25 after work today.

We are "graduates" of Insanity and loved it. We did it in the summer of 2011 and I got into by best shape in 20 years. We've gotten lazy (although we ran a 1/2 marathon 3 weeks ago ~ LoL) and haven't been able to stick with the 9 weeks of Insanity. We bought this and decided to give it a try.

Weighed ourselves this morning (YIKES!) and we are taking measurements before we start. This way we have a starting point for this STATurday.

I'd LOVE to drop 30 lbs. during this 10 weeks...even with Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas and New Year's Eve (which is our anniversary)

Looking forward to NAILING IT later :-)

-Michele
  • wkhauser
    wkhauser Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started it this morning and enjoyed the first session. I have a bad knee so i used some of the modifiers, but still felt like i got a good workout in. my husband is using me as a guinea pig, and if i like it then he will give it a go.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 of week 4. I love that this workout is only 25 minutes a day with the option of doubling up on Friday or extending it to a 6th day. I’ve gone from struggling through the modified versions to balancing somewhere between modified and non-modified. I enjoy the challenge of the workout, want to strangle Shaun T some days, and have thus far lost several inches and pounds (14 of them) in 4 weeks.
  • johnnifast
    johnnifast Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Add me if you wish (motivation).

Week 1 - Day 1: Alpha Cardio

I never did P90x or Insanity, nor any videos for working out. I usually hit the gym.

I decided to give it a shot to lean up. And I finally understand how this works.

The 25-28 minute workout (program + stretch cooldown) burns roughly 400-500 calories. I was able to burn 500 calories.

In theory, this would be 1,000 calories burned in a 60-minute workout sesson (which is my usual workout sessions).

Eat your macros, stay in a calorie deficit and T25. You will reach your goals pretty quickly.

I'm excited to try Day 2 tomorrow. I work at home (remote software analyst) and was able to do this on my lunch break with time to spare!

#keepitup
  • dani_alaine
    Options
    I am currently in my 3rd week of T25 Alpha. I have noticed a difference. I love that it is only 25 minutes- but dont kid yourself, it is a kick-butt exercise!!!!!
  • libelluler
    libelluler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 2nd week of Gamma now. It's an amazing program and easy to stick to because it's only 25 minutes! You will see amazing results with it as well. I haven't lost as much weight as I had wanted to, but muscle gain and definition has been amazing!
  • Karina8284
    Karina8284 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too have been thinking of trying the T25 workouts. I am currently doing TurboFire 6 days/week, and have been keeping with it consistently. This is huge for me. However, some of the workouts get to be too long to do in the morning before getting ready for work. I like that T25 is shorter-- my questions are: 1) how much workout "space" is needed to successfully complete T25, and 2) other than a resistance band and a yoga mat, is anything else needed to complete T25? (Will I have to purchase anything extra?)

Thanks!
  • libelluler
    libelluler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1) how much workout "space" is needed to successfully complete T25, and 2) other than a resistance band and a yoga mat, is anything else needed to complete T25? (Will I have to purchase anything extra?)

I purchased 3lb/5lb dumbbells instead of the resistance band. Also I purchased a thicker mat because ouch - butt bone on the ground in C sit position! I would say at a minimum you need a 5' x 5' space to workout in. Most movements you stay in the same space or move around just a little.
  • mobosco
    mobosco Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day of T25 and I just finished doing Alpha Cardio. It was pretty challenging and I love that it's only 25 minutes and an extra 2 minutes of stretching afterwards. I am sweating buckets right now!!! :happy:
  • sillysquirrel68
    Options
    I completed the entire Alpha and Beta. I love it! I didn''t lose any weight while doing it, but my body has changed and I am much stronger and defined. I still do one of the T25 workouts everyday, I mostly do the more difficult ones. It did wonders for my core.
  • Luvilybri
    Options
    Im on my last week in the Alpha Phase.. I love it.. I also did insanity a few times prior.. Im ordering the Gamma soon!
  • Karina8284
    Karina8284 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! That helps!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of Beta. I'm also incorporating lifting, so I'm going slower than the program calls for. So far I like Beta better than Alpha. Maybe it's the variety that the weights add to it. Some of the DVDs have more hopping than I like, but they're not undoable. I haven't really seen many body changes, but my diet hasn't been perfect either. I'm just happy that I'm somewhat in shape and motivated enough to push play almost every morning.