My Story and Looking for friends.

Options
Hello, all I am new here to Myfitnesspal and it seems like this is a really cool place to be.

So here is my Story:

My name is Joseph Blake Jones and I was born on december 8th, 1983, in Akron, Ohio where I was born and raised, and I graduated from High School in 2003, and now I reside in Stow, Ohio. I went off to Job Corps in 2004 but I was only there for one month because I got pink eye and got sent back home.

In between all of this I lost my mom in 1995 due to a heart attack she was 39 when she died and I was 12. this was hard on me because I was only 12 at the time, and also considering I am going to admit I was a mama's boy. if my mom was in the kitchen I was in there with here I think that is one reason why I like to cook she got me interested in cooking. Another Hard Part became upon me in 2007, just a week and a half before thanksgiving is when my Aunt Paula Died ( my mom's sister ) who passed away at the age of 53. and even more pain would come in july of 2008 when my dad would pass away at the age of 52 so in a 13 year span I would lose three relatives and 2 of them 8 months apart and knowing I was only 24 when my dad passed away so that was hard on me as well, so I have had it rough but I have gotten through my life so far but I have had more problems to come along that would be bad in my life.

In the Meantime in my life during may of 2008 I was in the process of moving out to see if I could live independently on my own it was ok at the time but this is also during the time that my dad was slowing slipping away before he passed away, So I did move out in May of 2008 and I moved to what is Called the Mayflower in Akron, Ohio it is a Subsidized housing and or housing for people with disabilities, I lived there for about 16 months ( a year and a half if your counting ) so after I was evicted from the mayflower and moved into a group home out in Fairlawn and I lived there for about two years. I moved out of the group home in december of 2011, two days after my birthday to be exact. and I moved into my sister's house. in which I have lived since december of 2011.

I think that is enough of my personal life for now I guess I should get onto my fitness life and goals,

I feel I am not the average man because I am 6'2 and I am around 330 pounds, I need to lose some weight real bad because High Blood pressure ran on both my moms and dads side of the family, I am also a smoker in which I know doesn't help out either and I know I need to quit badly, I would also like to mention that my dad had diabetes.

In my life I have always been a big guy but I am about to be 30 in december and I am tired of being that big guy I mean I have to wear 3x shirts or bigger, and my pants size is 42 by 30. Im just tired of being BIG. I have always felt like a binge eater, I am saying this because say if we went to golden corral (which is a buffet place if you don't know) I would be the person who would eat like 5-6 plates in a short amount of time and drink alot of pop also and that is my other weakness is pop, or I am the type of person if you don't eat your leftovers I am the person that would finish it off for you and I need to stop that as well, and back to the pop thing I drink pop religiously and I only drink like 2-3 different types of pop but I mostly drink mountain dew. basically I will come out and say it I almost could eat 24/7 and never be full. I am always hungry and this needs to stop before it gets out of control.

My goals for fitness are as follows:
Start a Program that is fun and keep me interested this part has not been easy so far
I would like to get down between 175-210 pounds I think this would be good for me because I am 6'2 and I kinda have broad shoulders and big calves.
I would like to exercise on a regular basis like 4-6 times a week or if I can exercise 7 days a week if I could.
I do kinda get some exercise already because I do use public transportation to go everywhere and I also play Special Olympic sports like softball and basketball which helps me especially in the conditioning,
I would like to teach myself to eat smaller portions and not as much food even for snacks, if your wandering my snacks could be as big as my dinners.
I would actually like to look good in clothes and not have to shop for bigger sized clothes in which I mean like 3x t-shirts or bigger or as in pants in which are 42x30.
there are probably more goals that I would like to do but I cannot think of anymore so that is all for this part for right now.

Basically, I am saying I am tired of being a big fat loser, because I forgot to mention this in the personal information part, I am also disabled and was in special education when I was in school, I am visually impaired with nystagmus, I also have borderline MRDD, and other things. I can say I have been through alot in my life and I haven't reached the age of 30 yet, which will be this year. So I hope the next 50-70 years will be better for me.

I am not sure my eating had to do with all the tragedies I had dealt with early in my life to hide my emotions I am not sure but lately I have been thinking it was it was a way for me to cope with the tragedies I had early in my life.

Also I never feel motivated to exercise or do anything you could also say that I am a couch potato, I love to eat when I watch television or when I am on the computer or playing my videogames or watching a movie or reading a book.

the meaning of this blog is I am crying out for help, I want to end this before I enter an early grave and that's not the way I want to go, I don't want to eat myself to an early grave

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to read this I am sorry it is real long but I also felt
I needed to get this off my chest and in doing so I feel better now that I did and it was not easy typing
this I will admit I was crying a few times during when i was typing about the tragedies that I have had in
my life, and I would also not be able to do this if it wasn't for the lord jesus christ my saviour without him
none of this for me would be possible.

this is all for now I will talk to you all later.

-Joseph

P.S. Feel Free to add me as a friend if you like as well.

Replies

• Llorry
    Llorry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and a clear view of what you want.
    I would love to be your motivation buddy...Sending a request now
  • JimHM
    JimHM Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yep, you have had a rough time! I can be here to help if you need, give me a shout!
    .....Just sent a request
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi, friends request sent
  • ecyor9
    ecyor9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to regain back our lives. We deserve it. Friend request sent.
  • missy2492
    missy2492 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    HI! friends request sent!
  • golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! Good luck with your journeys!