What are the so-called "teachers" doing?

Options
2»

Replies

• lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm agree with others when I say you should probably find something better to do than shaming teachers shaming parents.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    to repeat what I put in the other post, parents who are against their children's teachers are part of the problem with education today. Teachers really do have the best interests of students at heart and can't function effectively if teachers are undermined by parents. Hopefully the children are not privy to their parent's opinions of teachers. Another way to state it is, hopefully parents are not poisoning their children against their teachers. It's frequent.
    And to those of you who object to the term, 'so called parent' really it doesn't take anything more than some ****y-dunkin to become a parent.

Where did I say I was against my child's teacher? I LOVE my child's teacher. And I know without a doubt, that she would not be pawing through my daughter's lunch and posting photos of it on a public bulletin board!

Your argument is called a 'strawman' here in the US my friend. I'd say nice try, but it wasn't even that. :ohwell:
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    to repeat what I put in the other post, parents who are against their children's teachers are part of the problem with education today. Teachers really do have the best interests of students at heart and can't function effectively if teachers are undermined by parents. Hopefully the children are not privy to their parent's opinions of teachers. Another way to state it is, hopefully parents are not poisoning their children against their teachers. It's frequent.
    And to those of you who object to the term, 'so called parent' really it doesn't take anything more than some ****y-dunkin to become a parent.

I'm not against my children's teachers. I'm against ignorant, judgmental, privacy invading posts. And for the record, not every teacher is a paragon of education, and certainly not above scrutiny.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

Where did I say I was against my child's teacher? I LOVE my child's teacher. And I know without a doubt, that she would not be pawing through my daughter's lunch and posting photos of it on a public bulletin board!

Your argument is called a 'strawman' here in the US my friend. I'd say nice try, but it wasn't even that. :ohwell:

funny, i thought i was going off on a tangent to the posting-pics-of-snacks post-a side discussion. Education in the U.S. could be improved... no child left behind didn't succeed but the need is still there. Part of the problem is that students have to choose not to be left behind. Parents have to help. Sadly some parents are crack addicts. There's an obesity epidemic out there. Michele Obama is trying to help address it. People are fighting her tooth and nail as the comments to the OP illustrated. the attitude seems to be ONLY THEY know what is best for their children... Don't Tell Me How to Parent seems to be the attitude in the thread. People who want to punch out their kids' teachers are against the teachers. That attitude that teachers are NOT the authority when the children are in their care (as illustrated by our pugilistic problem solver) is an attitude kids pick up on and act accordingly when they are in class. This is a problem. So when I got a student who ended up failing out of college in their first sememster and is the child of a parent who has fought us for 4 years, I can only say, 'oh well,' because I know I did the best I possibly could have done for the kid. sadly, in this case, this parent is raising her second child the same as the first and I can see the third being slowly poisoned too.(he is currently 7th grade. he was a sweet 6th grader) And this woman used to be a co-worker. but when her children are concerned no one knows better than the parent. Sad.
This discussion has been closed.